West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
It looks like after 5 years, my salt cell finally gave up. Since everyone seems to like Circupool I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Circupool replacement.

https://www.circupool.com/CircuPool®-CIR-GEN15-Aftermarket-Replacement-Cell-compatible-with-Hayward®-AquaRite®-40000-Gal-Models_p_37.htmlgclid=CjwKCAjwiuuRBhBvEiwAFXKaNFP0un45q_5kWBTcsmxzRseDp8vZsSN7A0gFk9t9_x3LkRmZYDqASRoC464QAvD_BwE

Normally I would not blink and just buy OEM, but they are almost double the price these days.

I suspect that you will not get 5 years from the Circupool cell.

That is not to say that the Circupool cell is not a decent deal if you get 3 years at half the price.

What is the warranty on the Circupool cell versus the Hayward cell?

It says 3 years limited warranty, which probably means pro rated.

It is $499 vs $899 for the OEM

Check if the Hayward warranty is prorated. I don't think it is.

And check what the Circupool proration % is by year.

Wow, 5 years seems a little on the low side for Hayward cells. Was there anything unusual about your use of the years?

I tend to run FC a little hot. That seems to be how long they last for me. My pool is just weird.

Ordered one of the reconditioned ones from Saltsolutions. Let’s see how that works out. They are in Tampa and shipped right away so I should have it soon.

On another scary note, just noticed my CYA is pretty much 0. So dumping a bunch of CYA in now. Going to need to order a bunch of CYA.

I noticed that the cheapest place is Poolsupplies.com. Its seems like people have ordered from them before, so probably going to order 50 lbs. I burn through CYA like nobody’s business.

You wonder why pool product prices are out of control? At the end of the 2021 pool season I predicted prices for Hayward T-15 chlorinators would go up by $50-$100. Turns out I was wrong. They went up by $200. Most places selling it for $899 . Just when we thought precious metal coating prices were returning to more normal levels, the war broke out and spot prices have increased by 40% . Much like the gasoline market, suppliers immediately bumped their prices even though their much of their inventory was purchased at lower prices. Transportation prices remain the biggest joke as shipment by ocean is 10x the amount it was pre-Covid with deliveries taking 4x as long. If you want to get shipments by air, delivery time is cut by 2/3 but costs are 2x ocean rates. I forgot to mention that the 25% tariffs are still in place. The aftermarket generic cell companies like ourselves are doing the best we can given the circumstances. Don't fool yourself into believing all of Hayward's stuff is made in the USA.

Salt shows 2800, my salt test says 3600

To get the performance of the cell, divide the instant salinity by the actual salinity. If the ratio is less than 75%, it's time for a new cell.

You are at 80% so still look good but the cell is getting towards its end.

Reactions: Katodude
You wonder why pool product prices are out of control? At the end of the 2021 pool season I predicted prices for Hayward T-15 chlorinators would go up by $50-$100. Turns out I was wrong. They went up by $200. Most places selling it for $899 . Just when we thought precious metal coating prices were returning to more normal levels, the war broke out and spot prices have increased by 40% . Much like the gasoline market, suppliers immediately bumped their prices even though their much of their inventory was purchased at lower prices. Transportation prices remain the biggest joke as shipment by ocean is 10x the amount it was pre-Covid with deliveries taking 4x as long. If you want to get shipments by air, delivery time is cut by 2/3 but costs are 2x ocean rates. I forgot to mention that the 25% tariffs are still in place. The aftermarket generic cell companies like ourselves are doing the best we can given the circumstances. Don't fool yourself into believing all of Hayward's stuff is made in the USA.
Sadly, we probably won't see much of a drop in price ever. Once companies set higher prices, they tend to keep them high just like everything else.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.