Another Pool pump replacement Question

skygremlin

Apr 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
Looking for some advice on pool pump replacement multiple items...

I need to replace 3 of my 4 pumps. There's a post from a while back on this from me too but the need fell back to more important things at home. I'm sick of thinking about this and I want to get it behind me. My current pumps are so loud I can hear one a couple houses down when running ( Probably said this before somewhere too ) when all 3 are running it really bothers me.

The 3 Hayward pumps I want to replace are ( all 220v ):
- A 2 hp for a water slide and water fall in the pool,
- A 2 hp for the jets in my hot tub
- A 1 hp for a small waterfall in my hot tub.

Looking for advice on:
- Pump Model: When we moved in we replaced our main filtration pump to a Pentair IntelliFlow Variable Speed which I love. Super quiet... I'm very happy with the Pentair and wouldn't mind sticking with them for these three. I'd like our replacements to be a whisper flow type sound. Quiet as possible. Two of these three sit right behind the hot tub and is as un-relaxing as it sounds ( pun intended ). Is the Dyna-jet as quiet as / comparable to the whisper flow? Should I lean more toward the "water feature" type pump for this type of replacement?

- Price Search: Is there a site, store, or search that you all use to find deals on pool pumps? I want to start looking/logging at prices and see if I can find a deal, problem is I'm not really sure where to look, or if there's a hidden gem were can order online.. We're in the Dog days of summer now, is the end of the summer or winter a better time to purchase? We live in Southern CA so our season can run pretty long..;)

Thanx

Last edited:
Pumps greater than 1 THP (HP x Service Factor) must be dual speed or VSP in California. You said that you replaced your filtration pump to Whisperflo, but you list Intelliflo in your sig? A lot of people here recommend Inyo Pools so take a look at their website for title 20 pumps.

Pumps greater than 1 THP (HP x Service Factor) must be dual speed or VSP in California. You said that you replaced your filtration pump to Whisperflo, but you list Intelliflo in your sig? A lot of people here recommend Inyo Pools so take a look at their website for title 20 pumps.
My Mistake - it is a Intelliflow Variable Speed pump. Thank you. Any suggestions on my questions?

Last edited:
I would look at reconfiguring and eliminating one or two pumps. I doubt all the features are run at the same time. The Intelliflo VS is a very powerful pump and can feed the spa, etc. Just a thought.

Another question is will you be self installing? Warranty on Pentair pumps would only be 60 days vs 1 year for a professional install.

Take a look at California Title 20 Compliant Pool Pumps & Motors, the dual-speed Superflo might work. @mknauss Any suggestions?

The cheapest option would be get suitable replacement Hayward Pool Pump Motors if the existing pump housings are in good shape.

Yeah I read that about the warranty.. I have a pool company that will be doing the work... the two behind the hot tub are on a slanted platform... I found out the hard way that they were plumbed that way.... that company is not doing this install.
Are the Hayward as the Pentair ones?

I would look at reconfiguring and eliminating one or two pumps. I doubt all the features are run at the same time. The Intelliflo VS is a very powerful pump and can feed the spa, etc. Just a thought.

I thought about that too. But I do like the ability to control all 4 different areas.. and they are in set up with 2 in one spot, 2 about 50 - 75 feet away..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.