Another noob. Help test results

I tested cya 3 times. Losing black dot around 40.
Fc test. I got 6 drops to go clear on two test. First test 10 drops but doing 2 drops and swirling.
I daily check chroline and ph.
Ph hardly ever moves stays about 7.2 to 7.5.
Chrolene is about 2 or 3 on the yellow 5 drop test.
I add about 4 oz liquid chroline daily.
Pool is sun pretty much all day.

Dave,

Thanks for the additional context, very helpful. What test kit are you using? Use the CYA/FC chart to determine FC required level. FC/CYA Levels. You're at the minimum FC level so raise this asap to the target range. Sounds like you've got good repeatable results that indicate you're doing the test right. Do it a drop at a time until you get more confidence..Then you'll be able to start off with 4 drops to start then swirl then do one drop at a time 'till clear. Make sure to hold the reagent bottle vertical not angled. With more sun you burn more FC so I'd stay in the high end of the range 'till you get the hang of it.

May be helpful to review this:ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: Daddydave and Sotex
Dave, also clear cc level after adding 5 drops of the reagent just means you don't have any cc and your water did not recently have any large amount of contaminants. This is normal and not a concern.

Yes add liquid chlorine (not chrolene). Great you have the best test kit. Just use Pool Math to figure out how much to add.

Reactions: Daddydave
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.