Nebraska
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
It's been debated already, but based on our 20x40 sport depth (3.5, 6, 4) pool that will be cleaned by a robot...we are leaning on not putting our main drain in. We will have 2 skimmers. I don't think the extra 2 holes in the liner is worth the minimal payoff. Any compelling arguments the other way?

Have a sump pump on hand if for any reason you need to drain some water and to winterize. Good choice.

I would skip my main drain if i did it over again. But make sure the skimmers are independently run to the pump (don't have the 2 tie into one pipe). If one goes bad for some reason you can still filter your pool. It's rare but I had it happen to a customer when i worked at a pool company for a summer. They could either fix it asap ($) or close the pool for the summer. It's not a big deal for the builder, just make sure they know you want it that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.