Another liner question please!

spf30

Apr 28, 2009
Hanna City, IL
I understand the pros/cons to darker vs lighter colored liners. What I'm running up against now, is trying to judge what they'll actually look like with water. Ones I'm interested in appear to be dark, but if I can find pics online, they don't appear to be near as dark as they appear. How can one tell if it will be darker or lighter based on pics from companies?

Look what I have for you!!!

Look what I have for you!!!

Thanks, this does help! But at the same time, it does show my dilemma. The person who posted the samples of the liners, then the actual pool pics demonstrates it best. The pics of samples look way darker than they actually look in the water.

My $.02 is if you have little kids or little grand kids, I would not go any darker than Navy Blue. Friends compromised with a charcoal like shade of really dark gray that wasn’t actually black, But you still can’t clearly see the bottom at times depending on the weather that day, or the time of day.

Reactions: spf30
My $.02 is if you have little kids or little grand kids, I would not go any darker than Navy Blue. Friends compromised with a charcoal like shade of really dark gray that wasn’t actually black, But you still can’t clearly see the bottom at times depending on the weather that day, or the time of day.

This is my concern! I don't want dark, but it's so hard to know what they'll actually end up being. In the price range we're looking at, I don't see anything other than the shades of blue (or perhaps the other colors are for inground?). We have it narrowed down to two patterns (tried to find something a little different that what we have), but here aren't many to chose from in the 30' round, 54" bead type liner! But, I've searched for pics of both patterns and it's still difficult to tell which of these patterns will be darker in the end. I'll attach pics of both patterns and perhaps someone here might have one or the other, or just thoughts about each pattern. One is Boulder Swirl, the other is Portofino (both pics come from the same company). Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• boulder.jpg
    boulder.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 5
  • porto.jpg
    porto.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6
Here is the portofino liner 6 years in full sun.

Attachments

• 20190819_145922.jpg
    20190819_145922.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: spf30
I like it!! Looks so much lighter than the sample. Are you please with it, regarding how easy it is to see dirt on the bottom, etc.? It looks light enough to see objects on the bottom for the most part.
I can see dirt, toys and everything that sinks to the bottom. I need a new liner and will probably just buy this one again.

Liner options for an above ground pool are terrible compared to inground liner options.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
with clear water you see the pattern,,,, we made that mistake spent hours trying to pick the correct one... based on made up pool color depth charts. just look at the picture of the liner that is what you will see if you use the tfp method you can see the water. :)

lol fixed the cant to can ,,,,, proof read people

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.