Another Jandy PDA not connecting thread, but ...

Frankw1

Dec 28, 2020
Dallas tx
I've read through A LOT of posts in here about my issue. Based on a lot of the suggestions from the experts, I think I know what I should try next to solve my issue, but just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for my particular issue before I spend the money.

I have the Jandy Aqualink RS system controlled by a PDA. The PDA has recently stopped communicating with the J-box. Was working one day, stopped the next. J-box is getting power (red and green lights). When I try to connect, the PDA screen sits in the waiting mode. The word "Waiting" does not flash like it used to before it would eventually connect.

I've gone through the procedure of changing the channel (learn mode), but when the PDA gets to the screen where it tries to connect, it never does. It just stalls in the "Set Slide Switch on J-box to the Learn Mode" and then eventually powers down. Red and green buttons on the J-box flash like it is in receive mode, but it never connects. I've been very careful to follow the recommended procedure on how to change the channel. Nothing after MANY attempts.

Do these issues appear to be pointing to me needing a new Aqualink system controller? Anything else i should try?

And further, if I am correct in my assessment and need to replace the system, I would like to upgrade to one that can be controlled via wi-fi and phone, tablets, etc. I have a fairly strong wi-fi signal near my box, so I should be good in that regard. Once I upgrade I don't particularly need the handheld PDA?

If I am correct in needing to replace, is this the one I should purchase (link below)? AND, is this a DYI project?

I've posted photos of my current circuit boards hoping it provides all the details needed to make a recommendation. Please pardon me if I use incorrect terminology on any of the pieces. If needed I can clarify further or provide other photos. Just ask.

Jandy IQ900-RS Aqualink Upgrade Kit RS System

Thanks in advance for any comments, solutions to try, etc. It is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3666.jpeg
    IMG_3666.jpeg
    544.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3636.jpeg
    IMG_3636.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3665.jpeg
    IMG_3665.jpeg
    605 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3498D.jpeg
    IMG_3498D.jpeg
    449.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3669D.jpeg
    IMG_3669D.jpeg
    494.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.