Another in Texas - Cypress

Beautiful. Based on lots of reading in the chemistry section (trying to get my head around it, I'm an engineer so it has attracted my attention and I must now learn everything there is to know) you're going to consume lots of FC for a bit as you will have some growth from the 72 hours with nothing. Expect to add 2-3 times what pool math calls for to raise the levels until you get up to 2-3 ppm especially if your CYA levels are low as would be expected for new water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's good to know and to be armed with that in front of PB tomorrow. Thanks! I had to tell him how much chlorine to add since they usually do the tricolor pucks and I wanted to do the TFP method from start-up. I added the rest of the bottle, another 58 oz tonight so we'll see how that looks in the morning. I'm going to see if he'll add the stabilizer tomorrow also.

Now THOSE are pictures! Beautiful! My favorite water features? Your smiling and splashing boys!!!
Thanks Suz! That's our favorite feature too! Lol

Went swimming for a bit tonight but I got forced inside when one of our neighbors started their dryer with dryer sheets in it venting to the outside. It ended up in our yard making me sick and nearly triggered a full blown asthma attack. ☹️ It's not fun to watch your family from the window inside. Still trying to figure out how to ask all of my neighbors to use something different. I'm thinking to buy them wool dryer balls and a package of free & clear dryer sheets with an invitation to come swimming and leave it on all of their doors. It will be super expensive but better than not being able to swim in our much more expensive new pool. If you received something like that would you take it well and as intended? Any ideas?

I'm going to start a thread with how we started up and our test results and then post a link to it here. I hope everyone is having a great evening!

A nice note with the free and clear sheets to explain why you are asking them to use them instead of the "pretty smelling" ones would do the trick for me. ADD in a pool party also?? Oh yeah!

LOVE the smiles on the boy's faces! LOL the one ON the table to play with the umbrella! :rolleyes: BOYS! hehe

:kim:

A nice note with the free and clear sheets to explain why you are asking them to use them instead of the "pretty smelling" ones would do the trick for me. ADD in a pool party also?? Oh yeah!

LOVE the smiles on the boy's faces! LOL the one ON the table to play with the umbrella! :rolleyes: BOYS! hehe

Thanks! I'm going to try it!
Yeah, they've already had time out of the pool a few times due to climbing and running. The table was fine though. I think it was he helm of his pirate ship. [emoji23]

What if you put some fans outside that would blow back into their yards? Do you think that would help?
. I've tried that. It doesn't work all that well and the kids cry about being cold. Easier for me to let them have fun and I just go inside. [emoji17]

The pool is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing a pic of your lit fire pit too.

Thanks Mermanaid! I'm excited to see them finish that too!

Scan or take a picture of your pool plan and send it to me with a general idea of what you'd like
. I sent you a PM. Let me know if the pictures don't show and I'll repost here.

A clean-up crew is here! Glad to see the yard being graded but not happy they're using the dirt piles everybody had been throwing nails and trash into and that I've found a multitude of rusty nails in. [emoji21] I'll be using the magnetic sweeper soon!

Are your bubblers tied into the main pump or the water feature pump?

I'm trying to get mine changed off the main pump, just wanted to see what others had

Mine are tied to the water feature pump with the sheer descents. I have complete control over all 3 sheers and all 3 bubblers that way. I can have just one of each on, all 3 of one or any combination in between. My PB was pretty specific that if we did it to the main pump we wouldn't have as much control.

Clean-up crew did a good job (and had an audience for most of it [emoji23]). Plumbers also came to make the (I don't know what to call it since it's not a ring of any kind like I half expected). I'll just show you: It seems a little tall though, like for the rocks to cover it, they will be spilling outside of it. They were gone by the time the I got out there but the clean-up guy thought it looked a little high too.

And pretty water color pictures! The pool is finally clear (ish) and we got a little sun so I was able to catch some glimpses of what it really looks like. Thank goodness. I was still feeling nervous but THIS is the color I've been hoping to see!

Of course now it's raining. ☹️ PB says he's still coming to add stabilizer at some point today. Can't seem to hold onto FC for any length of time without it.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
. I bet it felt so good to swim after all the drama and waiting! It still feels surreal over here.

. Thanks Umm! You'd be welcome anytime. We can start the Houston edition of the TFP pool tour!

. Lol. You're all a bunch of rebels! Okay, here is my proof! Please excuse my need for a pedicure. [emoji5]

Hmm?! Which pages? They're all still there as far as I know. I don't think I deleted anything out of Photobucket. Thanks for checking it out!

. Thanks bcampbell! When do you get started? If you have a build thread I'll go follow along!

. Thanks goober! Getting plastered is so exciting... And then a little deflating when you have this beautiful pool of water but can't really use it. It's like someone handing you a piece of cake but you're not allowed to eat it so you just sneak little tastes of the icing on top. But... It's all one step closer to pool freedom! Which plaster are you getting?

This morning on the cameras it even looks blue and they tend to wash color out quite a bit. . I keep wishing I had a brush... So I can make hubby get to work. Lol

I do have a build thread. I don't know how to link to it. They started on 7/26. I just finished excavation. It's so nerve racking.

LOL the little snoopavisors! CUTE! Good luck with the magnet :( When they put our roof on they rolled and rolled and rolled BUT I still found some nails.

LOVE the water color! It will only get better with time and clearing!

So... The plumbers did the "ring?" in the fire pit this morning. This afternoon after the rainstorm, it looks rusted and is getting an orange powder on fingers and the bottom of the pit. Is this normal? Seems awfully fast if it is rust. Not sure what else it could be?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.