Another in Texas - Cypress

Do you have AC yet? Here is hoping!

:kim:

I wish. Warranty company was useless with it being the weekend so we're claiming emergency (which it will become as temperatures rise before Monday. It's already 82 in here) and getting our own guy out. He was in Huntsville (at least 2 hours away) but said he couldn't make it at first. Said he'd see what he could do and called me back in 15 minutes that he'd be here in a couple of hours. Talk about service. We've used him before and he's great so I'm hoping he can get us back up and running even if just temporarily for this meeting. Moving locations is not ideal when we have our computer set-up/screen and an intro video we'll have to skip if we move it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! It's almost full. I think we'll be moving the hoses to the spa at about the 12 hour mark.
I have no idea how to estimate how long the spa will take though so we'll probably just use one hose to slow it down.

PB says to stay out of the water and they'll be here for start-up on Monday. They also left my fence down and the orange net barely covering. Boo! Saturday fills spoil the fun! Instructions from Wet Edge say filtration is supposed to be started as soon as it's full but they said Monday. ☹️

My first test results:

PH 7.7
TA 170
CH 100
FC 0

Wet Edge start-up says no chlorine for 48 hours and filtration immediately after fill for 72 hours.

It looks beautiful, TM!! Can't wait to see it clear and TFP sparkly!!!

I bet it wouldn't hurt anything to take a short dip...its just water from your hose. I swam last night for about 39 minutes, my husband for about 15. It was A.MA.ZING!!! However, today it is too cloudy to swim.

You should at least wade around on your tanning ledge!!!

I agree with them. They're coming Monday to start our pumps as well. We spent tonight having dinner on the patio and with our feet on the ledge. Ofcourse my 4 year old was splashing around and having a blast. His smile made it all worth it!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! ;) ;) ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that is a pretty pool. I need to go to cypress sometime to see all these amazing pools! I think between you and Suz you hit them out of the park. I like Nursenini's too but she isn't in Texas :)

Thanks, Umm!! I agree, their pools are gorgeous and so is yours!!

It looks beautiful, TM!! Can't wait to see it clear and TFP sparkly!!!

I bet it wouldn't hurt anything to take a short dip...its just water from your hose. I swam last night for about 39 minutes, my husband for about 15. It was A.MA.ZING!!! However, today it is too cloudy to swim.

You should at least wade around on your tanning ledge!!!
. I bet it felt so good to swim after all the drama and waiting! It still feels surreal over here.

Wow that is a pretty pool. I need to go to cypress sometime to see all these amazing pools! I think between you and Suz you hit them out of the park. I like Nursenini's too but she isn't in Texas :)
. Thanks Umm! You'd be welcome anytime. We can start the Houston edition of the TFP pool tour!

TM, I'm with Denise on this. You need to at least get on the shelf and try it out.

That plaster is AMAZING!!! Looks wonderful, congrats!!!

I agree with them. They're coming Monday to start our pumps as well. We spent tonight having dinner on the patio and with our feet on the ledge. Ofcourse my 4 year old was splashing around and having a blast. His smile made it all worth it!!

Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! Jump in!! ;) ;) ;)

- - - Updated - - -
. Lol. You're all a bunch of rebels! Okay, here is my proof! Please excuse my need for a pedicure. [emoji5]

I'm reading through your build thread, but alot of the pictures are not found. Did something happen?
Hmm?! Which pages? They're all still there as far as I know. I don't think I deleted anything out of Photobucket. Thanks for checking it out!

Wow TM! I just read your build. It looks absolutely beautiful. Makes me so excited for the start of my own build. :)
. Thanks bcampbell! When do you get started? If you have a build thread I'll go follow along!

Wow! Your pool looks great! Glad it's complete! Enjoy!
I'm about one week away from getting plastered! Can't wait!

G
. Thanks goober! Getting plastered is so exciting... And then a little deflating when you have this beautiful pool of water but can't really use it. It's like someone handing you a piece of cake but you're not allowed to eat it so you just sneak little tastes of the icing on top. But... It's all one step closer to pool freedom! Which plaster are you getting?

This morning on the cameras it even looks blue and they tend to wash color out quite a bit. . I keep wishing I had a brush... So I can make hubby get to work. Lol

Yeah. Your level of self (kid) control is much stronger than mine. If ours is full and I don't let the four year old in I'll probably have a mutiny on my hands.

Yeah, I have nearly 7 year old twin boys. They "accidentally" fell in on the sunshelf yesterday (after Glampa did it first - way harder to control the grandparents - ha!) and once their clothes were all wet they just had to splash around a bit. [emoji6] We didn't let them stay in long but we did get out some squirters and have a small water fight outside the pool. Now today after church will be the REAL challenge!

Your pool turned out beautiful. Enjoy! The plaster is outstanding and I wish I had chosen a darker color too. Glad you were able to get in there swim until the water got cloudy. I did the same and when water cleared been in everyday. Sure is delightful with the close to 100 degree temps. Pool under the screen cage is staying about 86 degrees.
How long are they telling to brush daily? I am not seeing any cloudy dust after 2 weeks of brushing. I think I'll be going to an every few day brushing cycle now.

How long are they telling to brush daily? I am not seeing any cloudy dust after 2 weeks of brushing. I think I'll be going to an every few day brushing cycle now.

I think it's supposed to be twice a day for two weeks or so.

It is looking great, although all this talk of brushing makes me glad I have a vinyl liner pool.

Ike

Not looking forward to that part either. Lol. I'll be making hubby do it and probably finding some smaller brushes so the kids can "help".

We had our first casualty. [emoji85] I was going to relent and swim when I saw it but without any circulation or tools to fish it out with I don't feel comfortable going in. Hubby laughed at me and will probably just fish it out with his hands. [emoji37]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.