Another "Help me understand" thread

Gadragonfly

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2017
Fairburn, Georgia
I'm sorry for asking this but I'm not sure I know the difference between the Dolphin Premier and the Dolphin S300i (or A30i). Is the Premier series the M series? I can't' find a comparison chart but if this is the case it looks like the only difference is the cycle time (1,2,2.5 vs 2, 2.5,3) and the filter. Is this right?

Thanks!
Julie

Julie, Julie, Julie....... :p

I bet you get that a lot...

I have the Premier and it is not at all like the S300... They do not even look similar at all.

My Premier has bottom loading basket, does not hold much and has a float bar at the top. It is about three years old, but the Premier has been out a lot longer than that.

It works great in my pool and I'll keep it until it dies... But when it does, I will be buying the new S300, A30i, style of robot to replace it.

The new units have a top loading basket and are lighter and do not need the float handle.

If you Google images of the two units you will notice the differences right away.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. I have a friend who told me his research indicated the Premier was the best option at this time. Whenever I tried to compare the Premier with the S300i I couldn't find information. I couldn't really find any information on the Premier on the Mytronics website which is why I asked if it was similar to any of the M or S series robots. I appreciate your info Jim and will stick with my original plan of buying an A30i or S300i.
Julie

The Premier is fairly "old" now. It has been replaced by the M series (similar physical layout but the M's are top-loading and have a 3rd brush). The M series have a larger pump than the A/S models and are just generally beefier units. The have a 3 year warranty vs 2 year on the A/S models but cost more. For your size of pool I think your original plan of A30i/S300i is the right one.

Search for Quantum instead of Supreme. That'll keep you going for a while. [emoji6] You're not using the correct adjective!

Thank you all for your help in sorting out which "adjective" I should have used to compare robots :D I've ordered the Dolphin A30i and now my biggest challenge is going to be trying to determine a name for it. I'm a huge Pern fan so I'm thinking I'll give it a "Dolphins of Pern" name. I'll just have to determine if it deserves a male or female name. Such difficult decisions! I'm so thankful for TFP so that this is my only challenge in maintaining my pool. :kim:

Yes names are important. Quantum is a Dolphin S series sibling in case I was too coy.

You should expect to live your A30i.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.