Another help me select a robot thread!

Curious..do these robots help with removing insects/flies that float in the top of the pool? Have serious issues with that in late summer!
Robots clean the pool surfaces. Not the water surface. Sorry.

That’s what your skimmer is for. No, the robot won’t help.

I don’t know what robot to get but I can tell you 2 features I completely regret not getting when I got mine.
1) being able to set run time. Drives me crazy that mind only runs for 2 hours then off. 2 hours is not long enough. Hate having to turn on twice.

2). Rotary union. (Gizmo that allows cable to turn) so that it doesn’t get so dang tangled.

Last edited:
Curious..do these robots help with removing insects/flies that float in the top of the pool? Have serious issues with that in late summer!

They're underwater vacuum cleaners that sweep and scrub floors and walls. They do filter the water but they aren't really meant (or able) to clan the water's surface. That's what the skimmers are for.

Perhaps if the insects aren’t being pulled into the skimmer you may have a valve taking water solely from the main bottom drain, or a UFO-looking device in the skimmer (below the basket) that needs adjustment, so perhaps look to adjust those components. Also, a skimmer sock (it’s like a panty-hose material that goes over your skimmer basket) will help with the smaller insects, but you must check/clean the basket more often.

Margaret mentioned the coverage extends to Canada as well.. But haven't checked the documentation. Assume this can be found online though?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.