Another happy peristaltic pump injector

Ok I do see them on ebay, but nothing close for pick up and they seem to want to rape me on shipping.

I will keep searching....

As a follow up, how do most people VENT these barrels? I saw someone mentioned that the tube going in was "loose" and thus let enough air in to prevent a vacuum, is that all that is needed? Or is there a "fancier" way that many people vent the tanks ?

Not trying to stir the pot but for the sake of argument, let's say you did drill them pretty tight. Would the holding tank want to collapse as the liquid inside is drawn down? Then there should be a nominal venting to prevent this? I've been thinking about this for awhile as I'm putting together my system. Within the next week I'll post some pictures of my Stenner pump doghouse. These pics are of the frame before the siding. Here is a preview of a two piece doghouse:

It's such a slow removal of liquid that unless you sealed it really well it will vent enough to keep the drum/tank from collapsing. If you're concerned about it, just drill a 1/16" (or smaller) hole in the bung and that'll be enough of a vent.

DonW said:
Not trying to stir the pot but for the sake of argument, let's say you did drill them pretty tight. Would the holding tank want to collapse as the liquid inside is drawn down? Then there should be a nominal venting to prevent this? I've been thinking about this for awhile as I'm putting together my system. Within the next week I'll post some pictures of my Stenner pump doghouse. These pics are of the frame before the siding. Here is a preview of a two piece doghouse:

That is some serious overkill! :)

Thanks toofast. I don't want to hijack this thread so in a week I'll start a new one with a few more pics. Yeah I guess it is over-kill. It's easy to get carried away. The thing is starting to get a little on the heavy side. Some roofing shingles ought to push it into stupid heavy. We have direct sun dawn to dusk and I'm trying to protect the equipment. Poor man's pool house or poor man's dog house? Will post more pics later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.