Another Freeze Protection Qestion

jbbarto

Silver Supporter
Dec 21, 2012
Houston, TX
Sorry, but another freeze protection question. I have a Polaris SOL controller with freeze protection enabled. It is kicking on freeze protection intermittently, but is not functioning the pool/spa valve like it should so it's only pumping to the pool. Anyone have the same controller and ideas on what I should try? I'm a little worried the spa side lines will freeze in the weather coming up tonight. Per the Polaris manual, the freeze protection should change the valves, but it's not.

Sorry, but another freeze protection question. I have a Polaris SOL controller with freeze protection enabled. It is kicking on freeze protection intermittently, but is not functioning the pool/spa valve like it should so it's only pumping to the pool. Anyone have the same controller and ideas on what I should try? I'm a little worried the spa side lines will freeze in the weather coming up tonight. Per the Polaris manual, the freeze protection should change the valves, but it's not.
Can you manually place the valve in a position to operate pool & spa? Is it a spillover?

Should be fine. Do realize that Spillover does not move water through the Spa Suction. So that line is stagnant.

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. I went in an put the schedule to run 24x7 spillover for now and will change it back after this is over. Hopefully it will be fine.
If you can put it in both spa & pool mode, all lines will be open. I’ve set mine to about 20/80 pulling from spa/pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.