Another build in DFW... far north DFW

I'm sorry about the delay. I know how frustrating it is! Once it's all said and done it will just be part of your pool build story and you'll be able to float those frustrations away. I know for now it's really aggravating though.
I think your tile choices are really pretty and those will look great on the stools!! What color plaster are you doing? Do you know yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting update! We were out of town last week and they came and did the stonework and the tile. The tile is a lot lighter than it looked to me in the photos but I do still like it and feel like it lends to the tranquil vibe we are trying to create. Love the way the stonework turned out! There is one spot where the coping meets the moss rock that was not done correctly that will have to be fixed... which is no big deal because we are about to be at a delay where the pool will just be sitting so we might as well get everything done to it while we can.

About that delay.. they formed the deck on Tuesday and this morning they are pouring it. We were super excited because we thought this would make us ready for plaster next week. Well, we are ready but the pebbletec crew isn't. They are backed up. The earliest they can get us in is Tuesday the 16th... so PB told us plaster Tuesday the 16th, acid wash the 17th and start to fill and hopefully be swimming by evening of 18th. Still a great timeline.. dig started July 8th but DANG, we thought we would be swimming by next weekend.

So pics! Taken by friends while we were gone right after the stone and tile were mostly done..

and then a couple of pics from this morning right before they poured the deck
photobucket doesn't want to rotate right now so my apologies

As disappointed as we are about the back up for plaster, I can not wait until this deck is dry tomorrow and I can use my backyard for the first time in a month. And a fence, hopefully we will have a fence back up in a few days! Walking my puppy every time she has to go out in this 100 degree heat is for the birds!!!!

Posting update! We were out of town last week and they came and did the stonework and the tile. The tile is a lot lighter than it looked to me in the photos but I do still like it and feel like it lends to the tranquil vibe we are trying to create. Love the way the stonework turned out! There is one spot where the coping meets the moss rock that was not done correctly that will have to be fixed... which is no big deal because we are about to be at a delay where the pool will just be sitting so we might as well get everything done to it while we can.

About that delay.. they formed the deck on Tuesday and this morning they are pouring it. We were super excited because we thought this would make us ready for plaster next week. Well, we are ready but the pebbletec crew isn't. They are backed up. The earliest they can get us in is Tuesday the 16th... so PB told us plaster Tuesday the 16th, acid wash the 17th and start to fill and hopefully be swimming by evening of 18th. Still a great timeline.. dig started July 8th but DANG, we thought we would be swimming by next weekend.

So pics! Taken by friends while we were gone right after the stone and tile were mostly done..

and then a couple of pics from this morning right before they poured the deck
photobucket doesn't want to rotate right now so my apologies

As disappointed as we are about the back up for plaster, I can not wait until this deck is dry tomorrow and I can use my backyard for the first time in a month. And a fence, hopefully we will have a fence back up in a few days! Walking my puppy every time she has to go out in this 100 degree heat is for the birds!!!!

Pool is coming along, it looks great. I like the weeping wall waterfall.

I think you had high expectations like me! I dug on July 1 and was hoping to be swimming by August 15th. My PM scheduled me for Plaster as well, he said week of the 15th as well. So in total from dig to swim will be around 50-55 Days, which is fine.

Interesting enough, we are using two different companies yet on almost the same exact schedule with similiar dig times. He said typically two weeks from when deck is laid (poured) in your case.

Well to say we are frustrated at this point would be an understatement. We were scheduled for plaster for yesterday... we waited two weeks while we watched a finished pool sit because supposedly pebbletec is just that backlogged. Of course, rain had to be foretasted all this week. So on Monday, I guess they didn't plaster anyone because it rained throughout most of the metroplex even though it did NOT rain at our house. So they bumped us on our scheduled date of yesterday that we waited two weeks for so they could do the people who they couldn't do on Monday. So supposedly we are on their schedule for today. Well I just called home and no one has been there yet so I guess they are cancelling again on us today even though IT HAS NOT RAINED AT MY HOUSE ALL WEEK LONG. We got a few sprinkles early Monday morning and that was it! I do NOT understand this. They could have done our house on Monday and then done the people whose house it rained at on Monday during our original time of yesterday. But no, lets just not do anyone! I understand that they are being somewhat proactive because if it comes a huge downpour after, it can ruin the plaster... but LOOK at the radar people, there is no rain anywhere around my house and there hasn't been any of any significance all week. There is a rain chance every day for the next week... do they just never plaster in that case? Ugh.

So, yeah, as you can tell, I am so over this.

Sorry to hear the delays! I was counting my blessings when my PM said we got booked for last Friday. I saw rain coming in the forecast and thought it would be this way.
If there is a silver lining is that they did a great job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.