Another Baquacil to Salt Conversion with several questions.

Yep, and that’s actually expected at this point. Right now you’re looking at a dichotomy, you can add during the day to speed the process or add only at night to save money. With no CYA in the water during the day the majority of the chlorine will be consumed by the sun but some will be breaking down the Baquacil.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just wondering what we can tell folks better without scaring them of what will be involved. Always impossible to predict how much chlorine an individual pool will need.

Reactions: RidingMann
Just wondering what we can tell folks better without scaring them of what will be involved. Always impossible to predict how much chlorine an individual pool will need.
I’m not sure that you could have said/done anything better.
The test kit was absolutely mentioned in the instructions, I simply didn’t pay attention, despite that being a key piece of equipment.
Once we’re all done, I’ll post a detailed recap for future reference.

That stabilizer is fine. Add it to raise CYA to 60 for the SWG. You are going to need about 10lbs.

Reactions: RidingMann
We only lost .5 FC last night. FINALLY.
We’ve used over 200 jugs of 6% bleach!

I'm late in catching up to this thread again but with this post I just want to remind everyone that RidingMann has a huge pool! Much larger than most of the pools we see using Baqua and converting.
Big pool=bigger costs. No matter what you're doing to it.
But I'm pleased to say after the conversion is over his pool will be much cheaper to run now and far, far cleaner! :)

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Tracey R
Is the conversion over? If so....time to get jiggy with the FC/CYA chart! Until you start up the SWG, you'lll be using the Non-SWG Guide for how much FC to strive for.
FC/CYA Levels

Wait.....the directions say to add 30ppm CYA and keep the FC at 15.... so I would say 15ppm is till your goal and then continue to recheck your CCs in the AM. Two days of 0.5 CCs and you'll be done, it says in the directions!! Woot!

When its time to start up the SWG, first you'll want to make sure you have the K-1766 Salt Test Kit in hand. Test your water first for what salt it might already contain. All that bleach certainly left some behind!

Then using PoolMath, add whatever amount of salt your SWG needs. Don't go whole hog on this.. add a bit less and see. Brush! Brush! Brush! and keep pump running and SWG *off*.

Don't turn your SWG on for another day after adding salt as a big swooosh! of salt running thru the system messes the SWG's little inner brain up. GIve it a long day to dissolve and get mixed in well.

Crank up the SWG (possibly tweak) and follow the FC/CYA guide for SWG pools now. :party:

Is the conversion over? If so....time to get jiggy with the FC/CYA chart! Until you start up the SWG, you'lll be using the Non-SWG Guide for how much FC to strive for.
FC/CYA Levels

Wait.....the directions say to add 30ppm CYA and keep the FC at 15.... so I would say 15ppm is till your goal and then continue to recheck your CCs in the AM. Two days of 0.5 CCs and you'll be done, it says in the directions!! Woot!

Conversion is over. We’ve added CYA. It’s 65 right now but, we’re down to 0 FC.
Wasn’t sure which way to go next....

Conversion is over. We’ve added CYA. It’s 65 right now but, we’re down to 0 FC.
Wasn’t sure which way to go next....

Your CYA is 70 and your Target FC is 5 with a SWG. See FC/CYA Levels

Turn on your SWG and add 5 PPM of LC to get your water up to target. Then test FC daily and adjust SWG % up or down until FC stays around 5.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.