Another Bad Cell?

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
I've been reading the other posts with folks complaining about their cells going bad. I believe I'm pretty much in the same situation, but just want to get additional opinions before i drop $500-600 on a new one. Tested my water yesterday and found I had no chlorine in the pool. Ran to the store to get 10% chlorine to dose it manually. Also due to the cell failure, I'm also fighting a black algae outbreak in my spa. Good times. Anyway, my control panel has been saying my salt is extremely low, which is not accurate as I just did a drop test and salt reads 3200 for me. Cell is an offbrand model and atleast 3-1/2 years old, probably older as it was here when we bought the house. Don't know anything about electricity, but here are my numbers. Let me know if you think it's time for a new one.

+26.75V
+3.11A
1100 PPM

-26.65V
-3.15A
1100 PPM

Make sure the cell is clean, remove the small display board on the control panel and reseat it. Sometimes the connections on this board stop making good contact. If it still reads low salinity then the cell needs to be replaced. Most Leslie's have cell testers that can determine if the cell if good or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.