Animal Bracelets Saved My Flex Hose!

saint_malachy

Jun 27, 2009
I had the fountain on today and noticed a spray out in left field. I had a tiny slit in the flex hose from my filter to the pool. I was concerned this continuous slow leak could open up wider and lead to my water line dropping below the skimmer when I wasn't home. Since it was late in the evening, there was no way I could replace it until tomorrow. I disconnected the hose and placed two animal bracelets (glorified, expensive rubber bands - parent of young kids, you know!) doubled multiple times over the groove where the leak was. Amazingly, no leak. Hope it holds up tomorrow until I can purchase a new hose. Guess I didn't waste all that money on animal bracelets for nothing! Oh, by the way, can I get this 3 foot or so hose elsewhere, or are they sold at pool stores for the most part? Thanks.

257WbyMag

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Denton, TX
I shall now confiscate all of my daughter's Zany Bandz in the name of swimming pool preventative maintenance. :mrgreen:

Barbara C

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Southern Indiana
I live in podunkville and the pool shop is the only place I can find them. Walmart here doesn't carry hoses.

Kudos on thinking fast and using something you have on hand to fix the hose temporarily. :goodjob:

G

My local walmart here sells hose kits. Has 2 hoses and other junk with it. 1.5 - 1.25 hose adapters. Its like $12 I think. About.

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Check your local Lowes/Home Depot. They sell hoses by the foot in the plumbing section.