And we're off in SE Houston

Thank you, let's see if this works. If not then I will try your way, thank you. The spillway has been changed. I wanted to show what I am dealing with. They started from the right where the tiles were "in line" top to bottom. Well by the time you get to the left, they are offset due to the curve (normal). I tried to tell them to start in the middle and work outward so the ends will be close to each other. Anyways we went with another style.

Pool Issue Pics | Flickr

How many different pools are in your pictures you linked to? Seems like at least 3? :brickwall:

How many different pools are in your pictures you linked to? Seems like at least 3? :brickwall:
That is only one pool and spa, LOL. Yesterday they finished moving part of our fence four feet forward to make room for the equipment pad. As you can see the overall look is like a roller coaster. From the other pic you can see they reused planks with huge chunks taken out of them. If you zoom in, at the corner of the two fences are not at even heights. Like the quote goes "if you want something done right, you might as well do it yourself". I have two updates, one is wife got to see a pool with one of the plasters we are looking at (Cobalt Blue). The other is they are giving the tile guy one more chance with waterline tile or else. Still nothing on the spa.

Fence | Flickr

I have great news to tell you...we have confirmed that our PB still sucks. Now back to our regular programing. So the fence has finally been moved toward the front yard four feet. I added more pictures to show you the results. Not only did they not make the two sides at the corner even, they didn't even put the planks on straight. I found their torpedo level and tried to see if the batteries were dead (from the results of the work). But I didn't find where they would go so I went old school and looked at the bubble. Look at the corner pic of the outside of the fence. Look at the last plank on the far left. We wanted that fence moved from the beginning and now you can see why. We are wanting to put a fence (brown line) around the equipment, but as it sits now the automation box is right where it needs to go. If we leave the box where it is, we will lose two feet of decking. So I will have to get someone to move the box a few feet over towards the right to correct this.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8mtYFq

On the decking by the equipment, you can see that by the house the thickness really tapers off compared to the rest of that section. Is this a concern? I am since the rain runoff could wash away the dirt under that section and become weak and break.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcBqkkj

Wife finally got to see one of our options for the plaster from another build. We love the looks of it and matches our waterline tile well.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmg9xNBb

So we still haven't heard from the owner and we haven't told them the plaster we wanted. We have friends that are really close to signing a contract with our PB. They stopped by yesterday and showed them everything that we are dealing with. I think they will sign with them because he says everyone hates their PB by the end of it all. It's their money, so back to me. We are getting our double doors installed tomorrow that opens up to the pool. I will send pics when completed.

I have great news to tell you...we have confirmed that our PB still sucks. Now back to our regular programing. So the fence has finally been moved toward the front yard four feet. I added more pictures to show you the results. Not only did they not make the two sides at the corner even, they didn't even put the planks on straight. I found their torpedo level and tried to see if the batteries were dead (from the results of the work). But I didn't find where they would go so I went old school and looked at the bubble. Look at the corner pic of the outside of the fence. Look at the last plank on the far left. We wanted that fence moved from the beginning and now you can see why. We are wanting to put a fence (brown line) around the equipment, but as it sits now the automation box is right where it needs to go. If we leave the box where it is, we will lose two feet of decking. So I will have to get someone to move the box a few feet over towards the right to correct this.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8mtYFq

On the decking by the equipment, you can see that by the house the thickness really tapers off compared to the rest of that section. Is this a concern? I am since the rain runoff could wash away the dirt under that section and become weak and break.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcBqkkj

Wife finally got to see one of our options for the plaster from another build. We love the looks of it and matches our waterline tile well.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmg9xNBb

So we still haven't heard from the owner and we haven't told them the plaster we wanted. We have friends that are really close to signing a contract with our PB. They stopped by yesterday and showed them everything that we are dealing with. I think they will sign with them because he says everyone hates their PB by the end of it all. It's their money, so back to me. We are getting our double doors installed tomorrow that opens up to the pool. I will send pics when completed.

Moving the automation box is NOT a good idea and I highly recommend you forget this idea. It is a LOT of work and to do it correctly would run you probably $3k-$4k maybe more.

That fence is hilarious. Was that existing? Tell me they didn't do that! I understand if they were trying to match the lines of the existing fence but it is still really sloppy.

Concrete thickness variations is not an issue just hopefully they did the foundation properly.

Moving the automation box is NOT a good idea and I highly recommend you forget this idea. It is a LOT of work and to do it correctly would run you probably $3k-$4k maybe more.

That fence is hilarious. Was that existing? Tell me they didn't do that! I understand if they were trying to match the lines of the existing fence but it is still really sloppy.

Concrete thickness variations is not an issue just hopefully they did the foundation properly.

About the box and me not being an electrician, it looks like a simple unhook lines from the box, then 90* to the right, 90* up, and hook everything back up. Now I wouldn't do that because I don't know what Pentair would say about this for warranty issues. They moved that whole front fence forwards four feet. So they had to move the post and everything, but yes they did do all of that part. If they were trying to match the lines then they failed big time. They did a footer all around but not that part so we will see what they say if they ever communicate with me.

About the box and me not being an electrician, it looks like a simple unhook lines from the box, then 90* to the right, 90* up, and hook everything back up. Now I wouldn't do that because I don't know what Pentair would say about this for warranty issues. They moved that whole front fence forwards four feet. So they had to move the post and everything, but yes they did do all of that part. If they were trying to match the lines then they failed big time. They did a footer all around but not that part so we will see what they say if they ever communicate with me.

For 1, the lines are not long enough. That means every single line will need a splice. Code says no hidden junctions. So they would have to create a junction box for the splices, then move the box over. That smaller box on the left looks like the main power from your house panel. That probably goes through the wall directly behind it. So that would have to be moved inside the house or else also junctioned and spliced as well. 3rd, the Pentair box needs to be accessible. Placing it where you want makes it somewhat hard to access.

What I would do instead is build a wall in front of the Pentair box with a panel and door to access it (maybe a lock too). That way it is hidden away and you can put up your fence but you still have access to it. If you move it, you still have all those conduits to hide anyway.

For 1, the lines are not long enough. That means every single line will need a splice. Code says no hidden junctions. So they would have to create a junction box for the splices, then move the box over. That smaller box on the left looks like the main power from your house panel. That probably goes through the wall directly behind it. So that would have to be moved inside the house or else also junctioned and spliced as well. 3rd, the Pentair box needs to be accessible. Placing it where you want makes it somewhat hard to access.

What I would do instead is build a wall in front of the Pentair box with a panel and door to access it (maybe a lock too). That way it is hidden away and you can put up your fence but you still have access to it. If you move it, you still have all those conduits to hide anyway.
I know that they would be short, but I was thinking they can use the junction box like the ones behind the pumps then 90* up. If it is still too short then maybe out of the junction box they can use the flex type conduit also in that same picture to complete the run. The smaller box I think is for the SWG. I don't think they got the combination that includes the power supply inside the Easytouch. We have the Screenlogic software, so I doubt I would need to get in there much. Plus I do still fit, for now, back there if needed. If serious things go wrong I can take out a few planks to make room. I sent an email to Pentair to see who can make this type of move and keep the three year warranty. Also I asked them to see when does the warranty start since we are still in the building process. I await their answer.

Fence | Flickr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Realistically, they don't need to move that box all the way where you want it. They could mount it on a board like mine is and just 90 degree it over.

L8OOb_vzm9hTnPSiGDjvlyY1H-3vuoadRxRz-9IiJiA5sCF6-raB3aRzQVwpsqRrkEaj-kWwNSWle21MXQeorOsqIoaAbmqrYtx91puV0NKwGB1ykVWF3VcnsQrnm1l8PbTqNKbmuxy34jkskaPb3zRoPN92mXoPWddNqYrzI2WseREMh25rba_9y4OQnAv4eFv5k0mSiBZBYNMInB5ynQs6_qU2y_0kEKAuWJVnj6BKBgT54IH4oYwAoXFk76kAgF_zqyCLMQ644YA9dQNl141zd1iTkfyqkiLmByjpSbVCDW4UlNYUDj2pGQ_iHAGZPAOBFaE0KqB1lSs1kHmV0QDmAPeP6rJJDMSpMRX_qgxhb2vPZEGaEXSnKeqohh0LeXN6cJ2UDh4yfr8ppBT5HZ1-PayJAXUsOXuwmTozV79ef6pR37-EA3zqRnuM0NUC2tDyBQi2zCoDcj4zFBfkd_dSdNH50cczFODbq9oi7t2081hABYxAIgT8i7NpJ2Chx5gEPI3uTLqwpUwTfNQy_qSuyePMnvlw1lp9gyR_kIjZJXPqmSB0l17KUzrVf1VP3Mwqy9KXuuMDMGIcEOJUGUtZ3xhkPLmENzDYct1lhkaiApqlh51chI9qAeu26EefWSdZgB_0GYzMe05ALSKP1YLdgSk5q96j=w1705-h959-no

Very interesting location that I will have to look and see where your setup might work for me. Thank you for the pic. I still haven't heard from Pentair on who qualifies to be able to make that move. I will let everyone know what they say.

Very interesting location that I will have to look and see where your setup might work for me. Thank you for the pic. I still haven't heard from Pentair on who qualifies to be able to make that move. I will let everyone know what they say.

I don't think this is a Pentair issue. It is an electrician that would do the work. The warranty should not be affected.

What pool builder did you use? We are in the woodlands and while we have had some hiccups, our builder has been great and extremely concerned with our satisfaction.

I will send you a PM. I do not want to say as of yet because I really want to give them the opportunity to do the right thing.

I don't think this is a Pentair issue. It is an electrician that would do the work. The warranty should not be affected.

I 100% agree with you, but I want to hear it from them (Pentair) since they are the ones who with approve/deny warranty claims.

Here is the response from Pentair "any certified Electrician can install it and the warranty goes off the proof of purchase." What I am confused about is if someone self installs the equipment, isn't the warranty only like 90 days?

So yesterday I was so happy to see different tile guys. The builder couldn't get in touch with the original guy so they got someone else. Things started off bad because my wife spoke to them briefly and the guy didn't really know what exactly needed to be done. In the coping pictures you will see the backside of the edge of the stone work. Some are uncut (looks good) then right next to it is the cut side facing out (looks bad). The supervisor said it should all be showing the cut side since it is on the back of the wall. We will be using that in the future so I want all the stone to show the uncut portion. Anyways I get home to speak to the new tile guy and he continued the cut/uncut on the end of the wall. I asked him to make it all uncut. He said that he will have to speak with the supervisor. Along the way I showed him all the horrible grout job the the previous guy did and now this guy has make it worse. The pictures you will see the HUGE grout lines he created. About two weeks ago I told the supervisor to give me a nice overhang so I can put ledge stone of the back side. Well the new guy cut some that was even with the back wall, so not communication there. I have finally had it. I texted the owner this today to meet me at the property tomorrow to go over the whole pool project since things are going from bad to worse. On top of that yesterday the supervisor spoke to my wife and she asked him has he seen the fence. He said he did not, so all she said is "just look". My issue is how can not only these contractors think they are doing a good job, but these things are not being addressed by the supervisor. Why are they continuing to have us bring these things up? Again yesterday I saw from my security camera in our backyard by our spa looking over things. They eventually came back and my wife spoke to them because they are thinking they might use our builder. She only said we are dealing with a few things like in all construction. I don't know if I could hold back at this point on how bad things are. Plus my buddy did sign with our builder yesterday.

Coping | Flickr

any updates on your pool? did things finally work out for you?
They finally had a fourth person to finish the tile job and fixed things. This person is the one who did our neighbors pool and is much better than the others. They have fixed things that we are okay with, but it isn't perfect. They did the plaster yesterday and did the acid wash today. We are currently filling the pool now and they left the rag on the deck that goes on the end of the hose. I text the supervisor so they can fix this. They will be moving our automation box at no cost to us. I will say the pool will be good from far, but far from good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.