Anchor Sandbags w/Confer Step 1X

I actually bought the connector kit with gate. I used nylon strapping to connect them to the steps. I went through both handles on each side which I will not do next year as the straps are trying to slide to the middle allowing the weight anchors to get back to the floor. I may add 1 more anchor bag next year also to help with grandkids using the steps to jump off of when adults happen to look away...

I use weights that are made for my stairs. They actually clip to the sides.

Pool Step Weights

they go on these steps

Easy Pool Step for Above Ground Pools

I take my steps out at the end of the season. When I put them back in, I make sure they are clean inside

I also filled the weights with pea gravel, not sand - less likely to leak out, and if it does much easier to clean up.

When I install my weights at the start of the season, I fill them with about a half quart of liquid shock and then top up with water. That keeps them pretty well chlorinated.

I haven’t put them in the pool yet because I wanted to find out from someone where to drill extra holes for water circulation and/or a place to shoot chlorine into. Anyone have that info? Where to drill extra holes, and what size?
I just used the largest drill bit in my tool box, and randomly drilled several holes on each side. Didn’t really have a plan or pattern.

I just used the largest drill bit in my tool box, and randomly drilled several holes on each side. Didn’t really have a plan or pattern.

Pea gravel is usually 3/8". I would go with a 1/4" bit if you are drilling weights and using pea gravel. For steps, I would go with 3/8" or maybe up to 1/2". Any larger and I would worry about impacting the structural integrity of the stairs.

I think my largest bit is a 6" hole saw, that is a little on the large size. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.