jokael

Jun 12, 2023
Denmark
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The weekend, the youngest had a load of his friends over for a "pool party" (they're 11 years old), so I had bumped the FC up to 10-ish.
Later that day, a relative came with her 3-year-old to swim.
Her comment: "Oh, it's just so nice to swim in a pool without chlorine - everyone I know loads it up so it stinks like a public swimmingpool. Yours is much healthier for the little one".........

I didn't tell her that I probably had 8-10 times as much chlorine in our pool than those she refers to:LOL: (the ones who go by "1-3 ppm max" and only uses pucks)

It is truly amazing what buffered chlorine feels like compared to what most are used to/grew up with, right?
Exactly. I didn’t want to go into a discusson about “only used chlorine smells bad” - then she would probably never visit a public pool again 😁
And yes, I actually like the smell of chlorine from the bottle, but that’s not chloramine-smell 😆
Like we say in my house when cooking fish: “Fish should never smell like fish”. And a chlorine pool should never smell like chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.