Amperage of 1 hp pool pump?

should be a sticker on the side telling you current draw. If current draw is not posted it should at least say wattage wich using voltage divided by watt will give you amps.
in canada anyways the sticker has to be on the motor to get the ULC/CSA stamp. I'm sure it's the same on your side of the border.. but you should be fine with 14AWG wire.. as I doubt it will draw more than 15 amps.. wich is a typical household circuit.
just guessing it's probly around 1-2 amps

I've seen 11 and 12A given as the numbers for that pump for max amps. The actual draw may be less, depending on the plumbing and filter.

If you are adding a circuit for the pump, I would pull 12 gauge wire for a 20A circuit. That gives power for the pump as well as lights and outlets for radio, etc. Whatever circuit you put it on must be GFI protected, either via breaker or a receptacle.

The 1 HP Power Flo Matrix PN SPX1510Z1XE is rated for 12 amps.

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would reply in case someone searches that same question. I wanted to know this as I want to run my pump off solar/wind. I have 1hp Hayward turbo flow II label says 11.8Amps but I constantly measured 9.41 Amps at 120 volts so about 1129watts. I did see split-second jump to 18amps when tun on from cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.