Amazon Alexa and Intellicenter

Okay, with the Pentair Intellicenter Skill, how do I ask Alexa to change my light color/mode? I tried "Ask Pentair Chat to change lights to <American> mode". She said "Okay", but the mode didn't change. Any suggestions??? Still trying to learn how to talk to her.
Thanks,
PC

These are a few examples from the Pentair Alexa web pages. Of course you now have to add "chat" or "pool" in there depending on which version you have.

Here are examples of how you can teach Alexa using the Skill feature:
  •  Alexa, tell/ask Pentair to turn on <AUX or Feature Circuit name- e.g. AUX1 or Spa Jets, Waterfall, etc.>
  •  Alexa, tell/ask Pentair to turn on the Pool
  •  Alexa, tell/ask Pentair to turn on the Spa
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what the Pool temperature is
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what the Spa temperature is
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what the pH level is
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what the ORP level is
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what my pool status is

These are a few examples from the Pentair Alexa web pages. Of course you now have to add "chat" or "pool" in there depending on which version you have.

Here are examples of how you can teach Alexa using the Skill feature:
  •  Alexa, tell/ask Pentair to turn on <AUX or Feature Circuit name- e.g. AUX1 or Spa Jets, Waterfall, etc.>
  •  Alexa, tell/ask Pentair to turn on the Pool
  •  Alexa, tell/ask Pentair to turn on the Spa
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what the Pool temperature is
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what the Spa temperature is
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what the pH level is
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what the ORP level is
  •  Alexa, ask Pentair what my pool status is
Thanks. Saw that same website, but not how to change the light color/mode. She says "okay", but color/mode does not change. Thought I might be saying it wrong, but tried everything I can think of with no results.

Just tried to talk to Alexa, to control the pool. Nothing! She says "Sorry, something bad happened, please try again later". Logged into the intellicenter. com website, and they seem to be down......AGAIN. We usually control the pool from the app via "local" which works fine. Am I assuming right that Alexa will only work if their web client is up?

Yeah their servers are overloaded or down for maintenance (503 Service Unavailable). Trouble is rather than a message to that effect, you get the following which is clearly inaccurate:

WHOOPS! The username & password entered does not match our records. Please try again.

Reactions: GCyr
Exactly what I needed! Thanks for the link!
If I wanted to add a chiller to the pool in the future, would I be able to add it with the EasyTouch 8 based on the equipment I have waiting to be installed? Still debating ET8 w/SL vs Intellicenter.
SECOND QUESTION: Based on my current equipment w/ chiller add-on in the future, what Intellicenter system would be comparable. I am not knowledgeable enough to be able to equate the two if they don't use exact same terms in the description. Thank you in advance!

Chatted with Amazon a couple of days ago. They say that it is back in the hands of Pentair developers, with no delivery date, as of yet. Between Pentair and Amazon, you'd think that it would have gone through thorough testing before installing it. Guess not.

Chatted with both Amazon and our really great Pentair rep, regarding Alexa for Intellicenter and the problems with Pentair's Web Client issues.

Amazon said the skill is "back in the hands of the developers at Pentair".

Pentair said "We are still having server-side issues but for the most part that has passed, the main fix is still in the works. We are currently working directly with Amazon to resolve the issues that we have run into regarding both the ScreenLogic and IntelliCenter Alexa skills".

Will stay in occasional contact with them both and post any updates.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.