Amazon Alexa and Intellicenter

GCyr

May 16, 2020
Queen Creek, AZ
Just installed Intellicenter. We want to connect it to Amazon Alexa. Does it work with Amazon Echo and Echo Dot? If so, where can I find the "skill"? (Can only find "Hayward" and "iAqualink" skills). Do either of those work with Pentair Intellicenter?

Welcome to TFP.

Pentair says the skill will be back in about 2 weeks.

Welcome to TFP.

Pentair says the skill will be back in about 2 weeks.

Thanks ajw22. Will wait and see. Their sight says that it will work with Amazon Echo, but no warning that there is no skill available. Hopefully all issues they might have had will be resolved. Alexa was one of the reasons we wanted to automate. We hope it will also work with the Echo Dot. Thanks again.

Spoke with Pentair support yesterday. Just posting the facts of what was said:
- The app has only been unavailable in the app store for 2 or 3 weeks.
- The app was taken down as part of an upgrade for the new Pentair control center.
- The decision to take the app down was made by a 3rd party that develops/provides the Pentair app.
- They have meetings every Friday and in the last meeting the support reps were told it should be back up in a week or two.

I let the Rep know:
- I think the app has been down since late March or early April.
- The app should not have been taken down but should rather have been updated for the new Intellicenter and replaced.
- As a customer and IT guy I think there should have been a notification of the plans, no matter what they are. They have our emails because we have to have a server account.
- Pentair has missed the mark on working with their customers. Support obviously doesn't know what's going on and their product managers are allowing bad decisions to be made on their software.

The Rep claimed he'd try to find out more in their Friday meeting and would not allow the topic to be brushed over.

Guess we will see.

Reactions: Ame
Spoke with Pentair support yesterday. Just posting the facts of what was said:
- The app has only been unavailable in the app store for 2 or 3 weeks.
- The app was taken down as part of an upgrade for the new Pentair control center.
- The decision to take the app down was made by a 3rd party that develops/provides the Pentair app.
- They have meetings every Friday and in the last meeting the support reps were told it should be back up in a week or two.

I let the Rep know:
- I think the app has been down since late March or early April.
- The app should not have been taken down but should rather have been updated for the new Intellicenter and replaced.
- As a customer and IT guy I think there should have been a notification of the plans, no matter what they are. They have our emails because we have to have a server account.
- Pentair has missed the mark on working with their customers. Support obviously doesn't know what's going on and their product managers are allowing bad decisions to be made on their software.

The Rep claimed he'd try to find out more in their Friday meeting and would not allow the topic to be brushed over.

Guess we will see.
this is for the intellicenter skill right? Still not in Alexa as of today. I guess we wait some more.....

this is for the intellicenter skill right? Still not in Alexa as of today. I guess we wait some more.....
Yes, it's for the IntelliCenter skill, and you're right, it's not there yet. We communicated with Pentair yesterday and were told that it's in the hands of Amazon, waiting on their approval. They don't have a release date yet.
-Peg

Here is a different perspective (post #56 of the following thread).
r.

Nothing but delays and double talk from Pentair. I was able to open an incident with Amazon support telling them that Pentair is claiming it's Amazons fault that the skill is not reposted. They said 48 hours max for a response.
I like it. If you wouldn't mind, please keep us up-to-date on any feedback that you receive. :epds:
Thanks.
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So there is a new skill finally - but it is listed as Pentair Intellicenter. The URL for linking has changed from pentairpoolchat.com to pentairpooltalk.com. I can download the skill, but it won't link and recognize my account. So I'm in the process of trying to set up a new account. You might download the skill and see how your luck is, I'm not getting there just yet !!

Looks like the Skill is back up and available.
Did you have any success connecting to the skill?
The old skill authenticated to pentairpoolchat.com the new one authenticates to pentairpooltalk.com. The skill only gives me authentication error no matter what I do. If I try from a browswer the pentairpoolchat will authenticate me and my pool with an Easytouch is there. If I go to the new link it only gives me an Authentication error. It will not log me in. If I try to set up a new account it tells me the email address is already in use.

I'd like to know if anyone with an Easy Touch and had an existing account is able to log in and use?

Also - BIG NOTE - when talking to Alexa - "Alexa Ask Pentair" no longer works. The new skill requires you to use "Alexa Ask Pentair Chat"

They really screwed this one up.

Did you have any success connecting to the skill?
The old skill authenticated to pentairpoolchat.com the new one authenticates to pentairpooltalk.com. The skill only gives me authentication error no matter what I do. If I try from a browswer the pentairpoolchat will authenticate me and my pool with an Easytouch is there. If I go to the new link it only gives me an Authentication error. It will not log me in. If I try to set up a new account it tells me the email address is already in use.

I'd like to know if anyone with an Easy Touch and had an existing account is able to log in and use?

Also - BIG NOTE - when talking to Alexa - "Alexa Ask Pentair" no longer works. The new skill requires you to use "Alexa Ask Pentair Chat"

They really screwed this one up.
I am up and running with the Intellicenter with no issues. The ask pentair chat command has me a bit grumpy though.

Reactions: guinness
I am up and running with the Intellicenter with no issues. The ask pentair chat command has me a bit grumpy though.
Did you already have an account set up or did you create from scratch? I may try to delete and start over. I'm also a little concerned because the Skill now has Intellicenter in the name. I hope they haven't written off the EasyTouch crowd. If I recall the description mentions both, but not sure why they would put that in the name vs keeping it generic.

Reactions: jennbostwick
Did you already have an account set up or did you create from scratch? I may try to delete and start over. I'm also a little concerned because the Skill now has Intellicenter in the name. I hope they haven't written off the EasyTouch crowd. If I recall the description mentions both, but not sure why they would put that in the name vs keeping it generic.
I had an account previously. I was just affected when the skill went dead and then later removed. I enabled the updated skill and was able to log in.

Reactions: GDN
Yeah it's working for me now and I linked the account last night without issues. IIRC after clicking on the yes button it took a while for it to register.

Just to confirm this skill only works if you have the IntelliCenter - it won't work with the EasyTouch.

IIRC I enabled skill which then made me login and afterwards I got a question to authorize with a yes/no option. Clicking yes took a little while to register but then it was linked.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.