Am I really building a pool??

zema2a5a.jpg

My partially drained pool. ???

PB embarrassed about the whole thing. They use a plaster company out of Austin so those folks drive 4 hours one way to get to us. Apparently they had a long relationship with a guy there who just was stolen away to a competitor. I assume they may have to start rethinking that now.

No one here yet to fix. Pool school has been canceled and the pain of having all these folks coming in and out begins again!

I will be watching this closely

In ground, 15x27, 80 feet perimeter, 3'6 to 5 feet deep, 13,000 gallons, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, Jandy VSP, Jandy DE 60, Jandy LXI, Nature 2 Ozone, 2 pool LED lights, 1 Spa LED light pebble tech aqua blue. Frisco,
Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have gunite/plaster, so don't quite understand how big of a project this will be to fix. What is the valve for, and can't they just get it uncovered, repair the area (assuming it matches ok), and then it would be done? Or is it, and I hope so, much more complicated than that?

That is what I understand is they are going to find where that water return valve pipe is coming out of the spa wall and cut into the plaster to expose. Then they should be able to seal and repair the plaster in that particular spot.

So hopefully it will just be an inconvenience of time, money (water to refill) and patience (having to listen to my girls complain they still can't get into the pool.

In ground, 15x27, 80 feet perimeter, 3'6 to 5 feet deep, 13,000 gallons, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, Jandy VSP, Jandy DE 60, Jandy LXI, Nature 2 Ozone, 2 pool LED lights, 1 Spa LED light pebble tech aqua blue. Frisco,
Texas

That is what I understand is they are going to find where that water return valve pipe is coming out of the spa wall and cut into the plaster to expose. Then they should be able to seal and repair the plaster in that particular spot.

So hopefully it will just be an inconvenience of time, money (water to refill) and patience (having to listen to my girls complain they still can't get into the pool.

Texas

Great looking pool. Good luck with the fix. How the f does something like this happen??? I just dont get it.

Has anyone addressed the elephant in the room?

I can't believe they'll match it completely. What happens then?

I had rebar rust pop through my plaster and they had to repair twice. Both times they said upfront, no way no how they would be able to match. They were right, but I had no choice or recourse. My PB had gone out of business just before the rust started...

Has anyone addressed the elephant in the room?

I can't believe they'll match it completely. What happens then?

I had rebar rust pop through my plaster and they had to repair twice. Both times they said upfront, no way no how they would be able to match. They were right, but I had no choice or recourse. My PB had gone out of business just before the rust started...

Hawk. Good question! I am still waiting to see how this is going to play out. They said they know exactly where the pipe is and should get to it without a lot of damage but I am going to be p$$$ed if it ends up looking like a patch job. The day has come to an end and no one showed and I am getting ready to call them now.

Texas

Make sure you dose your pool which chlorine and brush to mix it so you don't turn green. It will be dirty but not green but you can sweep it out when you get to top her off! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Make sure you dose your pool which chlorine and brush to mix it so you don't turn green. It will be dirty but not green but you can sweep it out when you get to top her off! :goodjob:

Casey

That is what I am now worried about since the pumps have been off and I am just sitting with a have filled pool that is starting to get stagnant.

I guess I can go try to test the water that is in there and go from there? How do I account for not really having a full pool? Will I dose less than recommended since it is not full?

I am starting to get mad now with all of this madness!!!

Texas

Those kind of repairs on a new pool are frustrating... our builder had to drain ours three times to make repairs. I am pretty sure they ended up loosing money on the build, but glad they got it fixed and stood by the work.
Hope they get it sorted out soon for you.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Wow... sorry your having issues... you do have a really nice pool though.

Thanks Rusty! I am happy how it turned out. Just ready to start enjoying it!

Texas

If you think you lost half the water then go with half the chemical additions. I would brush the pool first before testing just to mix the water. :goodjob:

Why did they start to drain it if no one was coming out? These are the kind of things that make you crazy!

So the plaster guy was the one that started to drain it. I had to call PB after he told me what was going on.

Plaster folks were supposed to be back the next day to fix. PB was told they would be back to fix. They have no showed for two straight days. We had to text PB again this morning to say no one showed.

My patience is over. Monday....everyone better have their **** together because I am ????

Texas

If you have a variable speed pump and the water is below the level of the returns you could probably turn the pump on it's lowest speed and line up the pump to pull only from the main drains to turn the pool over a little. That would at least keep it from turning green and keep everything mixed up until they get there.

As for the return I'm not sure how that would have gotten covered up. The first have to cut the pipe off flush with the gunite wall. Then install the wall return fitting, plaster back around the pipe then install the eyeball return fitting. So using the pictures you have they should be able to figure out the location of the return, chisel out the plaster, install the fittings and replaster around the return. You should only have to drain the water just below the repair area. Plaster repair color may not match exactly unless you have some left over.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.