Am I paranoid about scratching/tearing the liner?

Auburn02

Oct 8, 2019
Mobile, AL
After a good leaf drop, our robot will eventually get all the leaves off the bottom but we might have to run him 5 or 6 or more times to get them all. Given that the water current tends to gather the leaves in a couple of spots it feels like a better first step would be to scoop what I can scoop with a net, but I'm paranoid about scratching or tearing the liner by scraping the net along the bottom of the pool or up in a corner, etc. Is this even a possibility, or am I worried about nothing? It would also be nice to avoid the additional wear cycles on the robot as a side benefit if possible.

I have similar concerns running my brush around near walls and my liner covered steps, since the side edges of the brush aren't exactly smooth either.

I have a vinyl liner and run my brush everywhere.. As long as the brush or net do not have any sharp edges they will be fine and no issue at all using them... Just run your hands along the edges and make sure there are no sharp parts.. :)

I had a stupid amount of oak trees and 53 bazillion acorns. They wouldn't scoop into the net without completely scraping the bottom with force. I probably checked for sharp edges every 3 swipes, because, you know, something may have happened since 21 seconds ago. Right in front of me, in the pool. :ROFLMAO:

But as long as there is no sharp edges you are golden.

This coming season will be the 20th season for my vinyl liner and we use the leaf net every few days even along the bottom to collect leaves and debris, and brush the sides a couple times per season with no problems. We find Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser works pretty well for the light staining along the waterline.

Reactions: Auburn02
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.