Am i losing water?

j0nathan85

May 26, 2021
Quebec Canada
Hi guys and gals,

Ive been looking at my new pool for a few days. It’s been doing these “humid” spots around the pool here and there. No puddles. Measured once a few days days ago and lost a 1/4 inch over night. Emptied pool and replaced both gaskets on center drain dans think that this was my fault as sand had lodged itself in there. Filled pool and measured a few days after because the humid spots still appeared. I measured and didn’t loose water. I have been leaving it be for a week now. Same thing every morning....

What’s next?

empty and put extra clamps on the center drain ?
I’m lost. Slightly depressed.

thanks folks, any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• B18C94B6-B94B-4B5B-96AF-78EAEC73FC38.jpeg
    B18C94B6-B94B-4B5B-96AF-78EAEC73FC38.jpeg
    583.9 KB · Views: 7
Perform a bucket test. Fill a bucket halfway and mark it. See if it loses what the pool does over a day or two due to evaporation. Then leave it out all week just to make absolutely sure.

In the early/late season, which you definitely qualify for being so far north, evaporation is greater with the warm pool water and cool nights. It very well could be nothing/normal. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.