Am I getting Cocky?? Or am I just that good??

Jun 26, 2015
Layton. Utah
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
So I haven't measured my pool for probably a month. I base it off of "look/clarity" of the water. If it looks a little cloudy, I check to see if my pump ran (I have sense which measures my power in and out.) So I can check that app as it has found my pump, to see if and when it has ran.

Anyway, I'll run the pump (hooked to a SWG) and check next day. And so far its always cleared up.

Back in May/June I measured everyday, working out to once a week watching what the levels were doing. Cl was always 3-5 range and PH stayed 6.8-7.2

Now its been hot, and I have been a whimp with the heat (no I don't even want to stand out there and run a quick test lol)

So a Month later and my daughter and grandson came to swim.. I decided I better check them levels. Cl still the same (SWG doing its job YAY) PH bumped up to 7.8.. Water still pretty clear, and there is leaves and debris in the bottom that I need to VAC. See my temp complaint lol.

So Am I lucky, or have I dialed my particular pool and its usage (and my 14 yr old and her friends use the Crud out of it) in that I really can get away with looks and occasional checks (yes I need to get back to at least once a week)

And yes, its a slight pat myself on the back post.. The family just doesn't understand how awesome this is. hahahah

Thanks for the input

Shhhh, don't brag about it and jinx yourself.

Good job. :goodjob:

You can see in my PoolMath logs as well that I also no longer check my pool as often as I used to. My pool was a new pool I had built so the 1st maybe 2 years I had a little upsy-downsy type stuff as pH and CH sorted themselves out (plaster pool).
Now I can spot what the pool needs when it comes to pH. Hence a lot of just adds of Acid throughout the week or so. My ScreenLogic app gives me a rough idea of salt level although about 1x-2x a year I run a real salt test to confirm and they are usually within a couple of hundred PPM of the app which is fine to me.
I do tend to give it about 4x-5x real good all-the-way down the line tests a year to make sure that TA/CH/CYA are in range but now that my pool plaster has stabilized I am not super worried about things as it's obvious things are just in a rhythm for my pool.
Oh and the other godsend is my Maytronics robot. No way would I be this relaxed if I wasn't having that thing run around 5 days a week. That thing keeps the pool nice and clean!

Now would I leave town for 3 weeks and just not worry, of course not, that's not my style :).

You need a robot to get those leaves out of the bottom of the pool. Heck with vacuuming!
it is an intex, and I have the intex vac, and the penguin I just dont think the pump is strong enough for the penguin...

If I gotta mess with hoses, I may as well just do it all at once lol

I took a 2 week stay-cation. Every two weeks. Don’t get me wrong, I looked at it several times a day. Usually closely at that, but yeah. The magic of the SWG is that it is infuriatingly *boring*

What can I do ?
Nothing.
*sigh*. Guess I’ll go float with a beer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.