am I a total doofus?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
Is there a reply notification or new post subscription feature I am missing? how do I know if there is a reply to something I posted or even to a thread I posted in other than scanning for the little envelopes in each sub-forum?

There is an option to turn it on. Go to Settings (up under the Pool School button), then general settings (on the left), then find Default Thread Subscription Mode

Some of us, like myself, do not want to be subscribed to anything. I think this was defaulted to OFF so as to not send out unwanted emails which can end up putting TFP on the "spam" list for some email providers.

I don't want email notifications, but I do want to be able to see threads I've posted to. I do that by looking under the "My Search Links" drop down list and go to the "Subscribed Threads" to see further replies.

Yip :flower:

Thanks! It would seem I AM pretty much a total doofus. I see that to check for new posts in threads I have started or just posted in, all I have to do is look at "Settings" and there they are. As I look at each one they fall of the list. There was even one showing from an old thread that got kicked by a new post recently.

I am used to a forum that has a tab that turns yellow when there are new replies to me.

Nope don't want emails either! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.