Alternative to stenner pump for chlorine dosing

guddylover

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
Anybody know if this pump is capable of pumping liquid chlorine into the pool? Thank you.

Attachments

• 29C2AF17-3BBF-4127-A270-BFDC9198DF28.jpeg
    29C2AF17-3BBF-4127-A270-BFDC9198DF28.jpeg
    409.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 66C2A74B-38C6-4895-BD41-89F9E1DC24C4.jpeg
    66C2A74B-38C6-4895-BD41-89F9E1DC24C4.jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 98657343-1068-47C6-8FF7-1806F28CFA28.jpeg
    98657343-1068-47C6-8FF7-1806F28CFA28.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 24
That's polypro fittings with Fluorofilm (teflon) diaphragm. Technically it will handle bleach, but diaphragm pumps tend to have a problem because bleach outgasses in some installations.

Since you have it, I'd definitely give it a try, and it may work fine.

That's polypro fittings with Fluorofilm (teflon) diaphragm. Technically it will handle bleach, but diaphragm pumps tend to have a problem because bleach outgasses in some installations.

Since you have it, I'd definitely give it a try, and it may work fine.

Thanks for the response. The outgassing issue is what I was worried about but this pump have a multi port function in which one of the port auto relief the gas back into the tank. I am only worried because majority seem to use the stenner ones and from what I have seen they are better at pump liquid chlorine.

I've dealt with ton's of LMI pumps and they're great pumps. The outgassing issue is not just particular to LMI pumps, it's an issue with diaphragm pumps in general. They added the ball float to combat that issue and it does a pretty fair job of it.

As I said, If I had one I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

I've dealt with ton's of LMI pumps and they're great pumps. The outgassing issue is not just particular to LMI pumps, it's an issue with diaphragm pumps in general. They added the ball float to combat that issue and it does a pretty fair job of it.

As I said, If I had one I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

One more thing, if I had both diaphragm and stenner pump, which one would u def recommend?

One more thing, if I had both diaphragm and stenner pump, which one would u def recommend?

I would definitely recommend the Stenner. Granted that's a personal preference from many years of using metering pumps of different mfg. in industrial applications. The Stenner pumps are more economical and easier to repair/maintain than most any other I've encountered. Also, if you want to change a Stenner from one capacity to another all you do is change the pump tube to a different number. It's even easy to change a Stenner adjustable rate pump to a fixed rate pump and vise versa.

To say I'm a fan of Stenner is an understatement.

I would definitely recommend the Stenner. Granted that's a personal preference from many years of using metering pumps of different mfg. in industrial applications. The Stenner pumps are more economical and easier to repair/maintain than most any other I've encountered. Also, if you want to change a Stenner from one capacity to another all you do is change the pump tube to a different number. It's even easy to change a Stenner adjustable rate pump to a fixed rate pump and vise versa.

To say I'm a fan of Stenner is an understatement.
Thank you for the compliment! If at anytime assistance is needed, we will be glad to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.