Alternate Solution to Getting Wet Edge Primera Stone

Sollace

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2020
Bryan TX
Despite having a Wet Edge bid accepted from a company in Houston, that plaster company is now backing out and won't come to College Station/Bryan. (I posted part of the letter from my PB on my build thread). No one in this area will do Wet Edge installation. So it's back to the drawing board and figuring out what plaster we want. Next week we meet with our designer. *sigh*
What I loved about Wet Edge is the finish is smooth like a kitchen countertop. And it lasts forever. If it needs 'refinishing' all it needs is sanding down.

So I'm asking if anyone has suggestions on what is comparable to the Wet Edge product. I figure those of you that have a pool and have had their plaster done will have the best tips. I'd love some input -- Why you chose your plaster and if it is holding up to your expectations. My thanks in advance.

NPT has their own version of it. I can't remember what it is called. I saw a sample of it and really liked it. Too far out of the budget though.

I am going with hydrazzo @ajw22 had it once for over 15 years and I think he had it refinished for a reason other than it was wore out. I don’t recall the reason though.

Rusting rebar staining the surface.

Reactions: usfbull
I am going with hydrazzo

Hydrazzo comes in Hydrazzo, Hydrazzo Classico, and Hydrazzo Pacifica. Any differences between the three besides color selection? Is one better than the other?
I'm going to ask my pool builder about Hydrazzo and NPT PolishedScapes. Once more, thanks for the tips.
EDIT: Okay, I answered my own questions after a bit of research ) I'm not sure one is better than another, they all look good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikilyn
Hydrazzo comes in Hydrazzo, Hydrazzo Classico, and Hydrazzo Pacifica. Any differences between the three besides color selection? Is one better than the other?
I seriously considered this back in 2018. Dealt with a company called Splash Zone (I think) In Houston. I think how it it is polished to make it smooth but don’t hold me to that. There were multiple colors. We elected Wet Edge Primera Stone because of color and that’s what the wife wanted so no argument from me. I really liked hydrazzo. 😎

Reactions: Sollace
I really liked hydrazzo. 😎

Thanks for y our input Herman -- I've kept track of your posts because you're happy with your Wet Edge Primera Stone, and your posts are what pointed me in that direction. I'm feeling a bit better about switching from Wet Edge to Hydrazzo now that I've done more research. Now it's figuring out if a company near us will install Hydrazzo, if there is a dealer and if our pool builder will go the extra mile to get it for us.

The deal breaker for me wasn't color. It was those underwater shots where pebble looks murky and sinister while a smooth finish looks clean and crisp, no hidden surprises. With my imagination I pictured swimming underwater and looking for 'monsters' to come out and get me -- It's not too big of a step from my fish tank and pebbles and all sorts of stuff lurking in the shadows. So pebble was always out. !!!

I'm feeling a bit better about switching from Wet Edge to Hydrazzo now that I've done more research. Now it's figuring out if a company near us will install Hydrazzo, if there is a dealer and if our pool builder will go the extra mile to get it for us.
I think you will be happy with hydrazzo. Try to contact the company Splash Zone to see if they will work with your PB. Your PB may appreciate the help.

Reactions: Sollace

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Per their website:

Classico adds colored glass accents to the original formula. Hydrazzo is known for timeless beauty and easy maintenence in any environment.

Pacifico uses aggregates that are larger than standard Hydrazzo and smaller than Classico, making application and polishing easier than ever. With eight unique colors, Pacifico delivers elegance that is unmatched in the industry.

I'm going to ask my pool builder about Hydrazzo and NPT PolishedScapes. Once more, thanks for the tips.
EDIT: Okay, I answered my own questions after a bit of research ) I'm not sure one is better than another, they all look good.

Nikilyn, thanks for your help on PolishedScapes! I did look it up and it became my back up if Hydrazzo didn't come through. I appreciated that option. Our pool designer said doing PolishedScapes is easy for them if we went that route. Good to know!

I will say our pool builder came through for us. He contacted Wet Edge and they were able to give him a few more options. Those lead to a plaster company in Austin that could install Wet Edge for us but it'd be a five week wait. (And we're ready now for the plaster). When I said we were looking at Hydrazzo and PolishedScapes he called around and did more research for us.

I was leaning more towards Hydrazzo (I can even spell it now). Our designer gave us the go ahead that his regular crew can install it. So I'm getting excited. Now to find more pictures of various pool colors. . . It's a chore finding them.

Once more thank you everyone for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.