Allergic salt or chlorine

@Nubs101 where I bought my pool the store included a permasalt mineral system that I didn’t want - (which is a joke) & i was able to negotiate for wedding cake steps instead. Everything is negotiable, all they can do is say no.

With the motor upgrade they include a auto chlorine mineral cell to take care of the chemicals. Thanks again to the board I am quite educated in the mineral business. It comes with three cells. I think my plan is to just use a cell when we first get it just to get the family going and in the meantime I can get comfortable with the test kit and be ready to go on my own end.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!!
Congrats on buying the new pool.
I would ask about other options that don’t include a mineral system. You don’t want to add those minerals (copper or silver) to the water since they can cause issues over time. I ended up having testing issues as well.
The “cells” are nothing more than small trichlor tablets that you put in as a cartridge. Expensive as well.

Just wanted to post a follow up and a big thank you to everyone that helped me in this thread. I have had the pool up and running for a few weeks now and my son is able to swim with no issues at all. The water is great looking and clear thank you again everyone for all the help and hope to stick around on these boards and learn more.
We love pictures. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.