All done!

Here is Sherman Williams available stains / acids / sealers. Scroll though to see the 3

Search the webs and you might find another manufacturer with your color. I imagine the lighter colors will be less selection as stains and dyes typically have to make the product darker than it already is. Think wood projects. With dark stain you can’t just apply light stain if you want to change the color. You have to sand it down to the bright wood and start over. But in this case, the gray concrete is already not so bright.

If you don’t mind paying for a patio and an extra protective layer coating like Kool Crete or Spray Deck, then they can probably make any color you want.

Reactions: Oona
Thank you so much I will look at those stains and talk to the PB this week about it. Unfortunately I just am not into the acrylic stuff like Kool deck (I would get travertine instead) there is just something about it that doesn’t appeal at all to me aesthetically.

Reactions: Newdude
After a few bids we have chosen a PB, signed a contract, selected our finishes and are on the schedule to begin work February 9th January 14th!! Our builder says we will have our pool by summer-fingers crossed it works out that way.
Upgraded to Stonescapes Zanzibar mini White (turns out Zanzibar is currently unavailable) and level 4 glass tile. We are going with regular concrete finish!

50814C38-D2D6-4975-80D8-ADC087C3E1A1.jpeg0CAB04FE-5E64-4290-A09E-40EC5E4EA7F1.jpeg341012D6-760E-4178-A0AC-A1C30504608F.jpeg

Last edited:
If the contract price is only good for two months,....
I recently had a situation where I was concerned if a contractor was going to honor what my contract said on a build now at 9 months which was supposed to take 12 weeks. With the inflation and supply shortages taking place, it definitely is something to verify in the event that something unforeseen happens

I am currently beginning my build and I just have a question regarding the pump our PB is providing as I am wondering if it is enough or should I get a pump with more HP?? Our pool is a 32 x 18 and 3.5-4.5 ft deep, 6 returns and 2 bubblers. The pump we are getting is: BADU 1.65 VS
Is this pump plenty adequate?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From your description it sounds like no spa, correct?
It should be adequate. With VS pumps, bigger is always better. So a larger HP VS pump would be quieter and cost less to operate at the same flow as the smaller VS. But the upfront cost may be more.

Things are starting to move along for us-they are coming to do our layout on Friday!!!
Side question-anyone know what style the pavilion in the picture is, we will be adding a large pavilion once the pool is complete and I get a feel for where it would be best to build it?

Attachments

• 167CB393-E24D-4B92-BADB-B5704600D0B3.jpeg
    167CB393-E24D-4B92-BADB-B5704600D0B3.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 33
They ended up not only doing the layout today but also starting our dig!!
Moving nice and fast at the moment-really hope this pace continues.

Attachments

• 3CC3DE4F-033C-4F22-8610-0D54069BBDE0.jpeg
    3CC3DE4F-033C-4F22-8610-0D54069BBDE0.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 5499D46A-2904-4715-9368-56E16BAA8567.jpeg
    5499D46A-2904-4715-9368-56E16BAA8567.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 475A47A3-596A-49A8-A451-F7ED3D137464.jpeg
    475A47A3-596A-49A8-A451-F7ED3D137464.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 59
Things are starting to move along for us-they are coming to do our layout on Friday!!!
Side question-anyone know what style the pavilion in the picture is, we will be adding a large pavilion once the pool is complete and I get a feel for where it would be best to build it?
Can't help with the style but I love it. Smart to wait until after the pool is built to see how you use it. A lot of people think they'll sit in certain areas only to find they congregate to another area of the yard. I'm building a pavilion this year but off the house. I think I'm doing 2 wall mount fans in corners instead of a ceiling fan. Not sure if you thought that far ahead but do you know anyone with one? I don't so it's hard to say which way I should go. Glad is moving right along for you. Great design!

Can't help with the style but I love it. Smart to wait until after the pool is built to see how you use it. A lot of people think they'll sit in certain areas only to find they congregate to another area of the yard. I'm building a pavilion this year but off the house. I think I'm doing 2 wall mount fans in corners instead of a ceiling fan. Not sure if you thought that far ahead but do you know anyone with one? I don't so it's hard to say which way I should go. Glad is moving right along for you. Great design!
Thank you so much! Funny you should mention wall mount fans-my old house was an atrium style house (completely open to the sky in the middle and the house completely enclosed the atrium) and the only fan you could put out there were wall mounted ones. We did have one and it could be angled any which way-helped quite a bit since there was 0 shade and very little breeze. Not sure I can say they are better than ceiling mounted though but certainly comparable.

Thank you so much! Funny you should mention wall mount fans-my old house was an atrium style house (completely open to the sky in the middle and the house completely enclosed the atrium) and the only fan you could put out there were wall mounted ones. We did have one and it could be angled any which way-helped quite a bit since there was 0 shade and very little breeze. Not sure I can say they are better than ceiling mounted though but certainly comparable.
Good to know. My wife likes the look of them so if they are comparable to a ceiling fan we'll stick with them. I'll be in the pool all day but thinking of people who don't want to swim but don't want to melt in the heat either, haha. We are adding the pavilion for shade. The sun is punishing in my back yard. I joke that you can tell how white we are just by looking in the backyard because there are 3 umbrellas and a Lowes pergola with a shade over it. Thanks

Had a little snafu-I didn’t like how close the pool was going to be to my house so I messaged my PB and asked them to move it 5ft forward. So unfortunately all the work done yesterday had to be redone (it was for the best though) and they finished up the pool form today-excavation may start as early as early as tomorrow or Monday!!

Attachments

• 955B34B0-88A9-46DF-8279-6779C9EBDA32.jpeg
    955B34B0-88A9-46DF-8279-6779C9EBDA32.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 65

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.