Canfield ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Started thinking about closing my pool?Won’t close until first week in October. I have been following TFP for a year but have two bottles of this stuff left over from old pool store days. Can I use this at closing instead of buying Polyquat 60?

Attachments

• 684F83D5-B02A-4EF5-AA57-96F6A51AE70C.jpeg
    684F83D5-B02A-4EF5-AA57-96F6A51AE70C.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 16
I wouldn't. Ammonium based algaecides aren't all that effective and will get broken down by the chlorine rather quickly. I would either get some Polyquat or just use chlorine and skip the algaecide altogether.

And no, it doesn't have copper. Algaecides containing copper will list it as it is an active ingredient.

Reactions: borjis
Thanks. Won’t use it. Just trying to get rid of the leftover stuff I have.

Maybe I will sell it to my cousin. He goes to the same pool store I used to go to and says they have never steered him wrong. When he saw my pool this year and I told him I have put nothing in it but MA he was stunned. No shock he asked? No none. Couldn’t believe it because he shocks his pool weekly. He has had his pool for 30 years and I asked him how many times he had had to drain and refill. He says every few years of course because the water eventually just becomes old and out of balance. I just laughed and told him to check out this site. Would love to have the money he spent at the pool store over 30 years!

Reactions: mguzzy and borjis
Thanks borjis. Our season is a little shorter. I close in October and open in April. I have always opened to a clean pool but I have a company close it down and I know they put algaecide in it. I am going to have them winterize the pool but I am going to handle the chemicals this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.