Algaecide and Sodium Bicarbonate turned water green!!

The tablets should be removed.

From your other thread I take it this is not your pool? Pools have to be managed daily if not using a SWCG. TFP cannot be followed using a weekly visit for a few minutes.

You will probably need to do a substantial dilution to get the CYA down to a reasonable number before you can get reliable numbers.

Your pH is probably a lot lower than 6.2.

What is the difference between light soda ash and dense soda ash? Do I have to up my dosage with the light soda ash vs the dense soda ash?
Have never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a marketing gimmick. Soda Ash is sodium carbonate.

I'm a newbie in the pool maintenance industry! I read I should probably using a different testing kit and I ordered the recommended one. Should I be testing the pool with that every week?
I think it’s pretty cool that your digging into why the problem exists instead of just guessing. Is this your pool or a customers? The plan is different if it’s a personal pool. For managing your own pool, you’de be wise to test the pH and FC every day for a while so you get a feel for what kind of FC demand exists in your pool. I think a big issue that many pool
owners don’t realize is that chlorine is a consumable item that changes every day. If you are only checking it once a week or month, you might get into a situation where the chlorine level drops below the minimum and allows algae to start growing. Or you have to goose it up super high so there’s enough left when you check again the following week. It’s pretty tough to make it work on a weekly schedule, let alone monthly.

Take a look at the TFP pool school articles and really get to know them, especially the FC/CYA chart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.