Pardue14

Aug 15, 2021
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I am at the end of my SLAM - passed OCLT for a few days actually, 0 CC and water is clear. However, I continue to have this pesky silt/dirt/algae that insists on helping itself to my pool bottom. Nothing on the walls, only the floors and most often peeking out from under the seems of my vinyl liner. Last night I put a knee high in my skimmer basket and this morning found what looks an awful lot like sand94F95D29-97A9-4B44-A3BA-F7D1AD9CFA02.jpeg but I fear it may actually be algae. I'm too paranoid to let my FC drift down just yet. Can anyone identify from the attached photo what I might be dealing with?

FC: 12
CC: 0
TA: 140
CH: 130
CYA: 30
PH: 7.2 - at the beginning of SLAM

I don't see algae. Nice collection of assorted Spring droppings (and a bug!) but no algae.

That you have correctly completed the OCLT is a giveaway that you are algae free.

That sandy looking stuff.....does it feel gritty when you pinch it?

Regardless, I would continue to run the pump to keep out all the flowers, etc. and I would let the FC drift on down to about 4 ppm before adding more CYTA up to about 50, then run you FC at 6-7 ppm

Lol my pool lends itself to many of the surrounding trees so debris bouquets are in surplus.

No, the stuff that looks like wet sand does not have a gritty texture - it’s quite odd. It felt kind of soft and mushy. After letting it sit outside and dry, it feels sort of cotton-ish. I can take it between my fingers and form little balls. Possibly pollen?

Yes, I will definitely increase my CYA and follow your advice. 444F8575-8ABF-45DF-9685-AC1CFFC0BFED.jpeg14F01E90-555A-49C9-8801-4EBFCD703D47.jpeg

Absolutely. Sand would be gritty

Lol my pool lends itself to many of the surrounding trees so debris bouquets are in surplus.

No, the stuff that looks like wet sand does not have a gritty texture - it’s quite odd. It felt kind of soft and mushy. After letting it sit outside and dry, it feels sort of cotton-ish. I can take it between my fingers and form little balls. Possibly pollen?

Yes, I will definitely increase my CYA and follow your advice. View attachment 413111View attachment 413112
We had a big storm the other night and my skimmer and pump basket had the same stuff. I believe its something dropping from the oak trees nearby.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.