Algae problem maybe

I would not test the CYA until you get the water all the way back up. I would keep adding bleach and stirring it in good. Keep brushing the pool to keep the algae stirred up so the bleach can kill it.

How long until you get the water up?

Kim

Pump ran all night. CYA this morning was 150. Back to draining.

I was going to say don't get discouraged if the CYA comes back high still. The basic CYA test has about a 5-10% error rate and when you do the double dilution test you also double the error rate.

I started around 250. It's doable, stick with it.

So after 5 drain and refills the pool is beginning to clear up even though it’s still green in the deep end. Latest test results.

CYA - 60
FC - 5
CC -.5
TC - 5.5
TA - 120
PH - 8.2

Based on the Chlorine/cya chart I need to bring shock level up to 24ppm, which equals about 6 gallons of 8.25% bleach.
What would you suggest to do about PH, muriatic acid?? Pool math recommends to add 84 oz of 31.45% muriatic acid or dry acid.

Would muriatic acid be best since it’s a liquid?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For testing FC so often, you do have the option to go from testing 10ml to 5ml. Use the 5ml sample, then multiply each drop count by 1. It's not as precise, but it helps. Not a bad way to test FC in the beginning of a SLAM, then you can go back to the 10ML multiply drops by .5 near the end which is more precise.

Little hard to tell from the pic, but it appears to be green/algae. Does it brush away fairly easy like a cloud, or does it appear more like a stubborn stain that needs scrubbing? Either way, with any compromise in FC over time, it's been warm enough these past few days to be algae that's for sure. Bleach at the correct SLAM level will kill the algae. If the stain remains after you pass your SLAM, let us know and we'll tackle that separately.

Still SLAMMING! Waiting to do overnight test ‘till cloudiness is gone. Can’t wait to see the screws! Too bad we’re closing the pool for the winter. Oh well, something to look forward to in the spring.

this morning’s test

FC- 24
CC- 0

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.