Latham, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I cannot tell if this is algae or pollen? It keeps coming back. Even after we SLAM’d and all levels are good. Any thoughts? We are gearing up to close the pool this week and I don’t want to be a larger issue come the spring.9BADA8C7-BA52-4DF8-9841-9C7CAF1C617B.jpeg8128BA4E-32AD-48BA-92E4-449331333DBC.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!
Is there pollen all over your patio furniture, cars, etc? If so, then it may be pollen. If not, it is likely algae.
Can you post a full set of water chemistry results from your own test kit?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Do you have any of it floating on top of the water or is it all on the bottom? The tree pollen I get here generally floats on the top and using a skimmer sock in the skimmer basket helps a ton.

On LI just yesterday, I noticed a bunch of yellow stuck to the car after the sprinklers hit it. The farm dust and last round of tree poofs is in full effect up here. So it can totally be environmental stuffs. Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be sure nothing is growing in the pool and get to vac-ing it out either way. (y)

if you fail the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, get your Ph to 7.2 and SLAM Process away.

Welcome to the forum!
Is there pollen all over your patio furniture, cars, etc? If so, then it may be pollen. If not, it is likely algae.
Thank you!

Here are our results (Taylor 2006)
Welcome to the forum!
On LI just yesterday, I noticed a bunch of yellow stuck to the car after the sprinklers hit it. The farm dust and last round of tree poofs is in full effect up here. So it can totally be environmental stuffs. Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be sure nothing is growing in the pool and get to vac-ing it out either way. (y)

if you fail the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, get your Ph to 7.2 and SLAM Process away.

There isn’t pollen in the area right now so it must be algae. Here are our test results (Taylor 2006)

FC 8.2
TA 90
PH 7.6
CH 210
CYA 70

There isn’t pollen in the area right now so it must be algae. Here are our test results (Taylor 2006)
Great kit ya got there !! Perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and prove the suspected algae.

The OCLT takes the sun out of the equation which is what usually consumes most of your FC. If you lose FC in the dark, it’s algae.

Also take a min when you have one and fill out your signature with your equipment details and model #s. I’m assuming the 70 CYA is for salt / SWG. If not that’s a bit high too. Either way your SLAM target if needed will be higher because of it. (40% of the CYa)

keep us posted.

You say you preformed a SLAM Process.
Did u maintain slam level for your cya FC/CYA Levels until you met all 3 end of slam criteria? Perhaps you ended a bit early? Be sure to check/clean all nooks & crannies as well. Drain covers, water features, ladder /hand rails, light niches, & skimmer throats/weir doors etc.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.