Algae or Dirt?

Karis

Gold Supporter
May 28, 2018
Moorhead, MN
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! I have crystal clear water and my levels are all within range (after fighting to lower my CYA all of last year; I had been using chlorine pucks but thanks to TFP once I started using liquid chlorine, most of my problems disappeared). My concern is this: I can vacuum and within an hour or two, I have dirt along the seams of the pool again. At least I'm almost positive it's dirt...but could I STILL be fighting algae? We slammed the pool last summer and opened up this spring to crystal clear water (and great numbers) but lots of dirt and a few leaves on the ground, but once we brushed and vacuumed a few times, it's looked good. However, I continue to get a buildup along the seams and I am wondering if some fine dirt or sand is getting in through the filter. Here are my numbers from Sunday afternoon:
FC 2.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.5
TA 100
CH 150
CYA 30
It's just starting to warm up here and I'll probably try to keep the FC around 4 if I can, but I'm open to input. But my huge hope is that you can solve my need to vacuum every couple hours! Thank you!

With your low CYA right now a quick SLAM would be easy to do. Then consider raising your CYA to 40 or so, I suspect you are running on the low side of FC (your test above is below minimum). Keep your FC in the target range.

Reactions: JoeSelf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.