Algae on the water line

Mar 26, 2017
Avondale, AZ
Hello,
I've noticed Alega on the water line this summer. Or I think its algae. The water is nice and clear. I did raise the water level . I dont think that has any effect on it. Here is some pictures for analyzing. Any help would be awesome.
FC: 4.5
CC: 0-0.5
Ph 7.6
Alk 130
calcium 550

It appears your waterline is on the plaster portion of your pool? No water line tile?

Be careful on your FC. You are riding near your minimum FC for a CYA of 70.

Without tile you will fight algae and potentially scale at and above your waterline. So brush, brush, brush. Not much you can do about it until you remodel the pool and add water line tile.

I doubt a SLAM would do anything. It is water being wicked up the plaster. That area has no FC left as it is driven off very quickly and you get algae. Really poor pool design.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed the water line that has more sun exposure does not get Alega build up. Wicked up water is evaporating quickly in that area. Now the portion of the pool that has a tile line is also getting Alega build up. Would that be a different issue?

Along the tile or in the grout lines.

I would suspect the sun dries out the water quickly. That will be where you get scale build up quicker.

Grout line is just like the plaster, the water wicks up it. On the tile is odd, but just a case of needing to be brushed more often. Get a scrubber and run the waterline once a week when you are in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.