Algae, mustard algae?

Looks like disaster averted. Great News! One suggestion, though. I noticed at a CYA of 50, your FC was 4.0 when tested. That is right at minimum. Target is 6-8, and in your climate, I myself, would be very comfortable with a target of at least 9.

When tested again, your FC was 5.5 and your CYA was 60? Maybe just a "googly-eye" thing, unless you added stabilizer. At any rate, for a CYA of 60, the minimum FC should be 5. The target is 7-9. I would be most comfortable on the "warmish" side of 9.5 to 10.

My concern is that you are flirting with a potential algae outbreak when running your pool at or near the bare minimum of FC. Just an opinion, of course. Let me also clarify that I have zero experience with plaster pools so there's that. :unsure:

Good luck and enjoy that beautiful pool!

Looks like disaster averted. Great News! One suggestion, though. I noticed at a CYA of 50, your FC was 4.0 when tested. That is right at minimum. Target is 6-8, and in your climate, I myself, would be very comfortable with a target of at least 9.

When tested again, your FC was 5.5 and your CYA was 60? Maybe just a "googly-eye" thing, unless you added stabilizer. At any rate, for a CYA of 60, the minimum FC should be 5. The target is 7-9. I would be most comfortable on the "warmish" side of 9.5 to 10.

My concern is that you are flirting with a potential algae outbreak when running your pool at or near the bare minimum of FC. Just an opinion, of course. Let me also clarify that I have zero experience with plaster pools so there's that. :unsure:

Good luck and enjoy that beautiful pool!
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.