Algae making me crazy

Last year had green pool all summer. I would take apart de filter scrub and hose the tenicles and hook back up I would start the pump put earth then shock it like crazy but with in a half hour my filter would lose pressure and pump slows to much to move water in pool. I can't get filter to run long enough to clean pool so do I give in and empty pool and scrub liner and start over or anyone have a better idea pool is inground 14 by 32 I think it's 10 thousand gallons. Help please

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Other than welcoming you to TFP, you may notice two of your other (duplicate) threads were removed to clean-up your thread chain so we don't all get confused. We'll try to keep all your questions on this one thread. Your green pool sounds like it's sick with algae. To remove algae we use the SLAM process (Link below). To perform the SLAM process though, you must have the proper test kit to test the water at home and at the higher chlorine levels required. Please see the TF-100 link below in my sig. You can order a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C, but you need one of those to do the SLAM. From there, the process is fairly easy if done correctly. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help. Nice to have you with us.

Be aware of your ground water level in your area before you drain. Pools may pop out of the ground if you have ground water near surface.

Do some research first of your area.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.