May 20, 2015
Holliston, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello.

I did my first test with my TF-100 yesterday and needed to add a few chemicals. Below are todays results, but I’ve had wgat I think is an algae problem and I thought my results would lead me to SLAM, but not sure that is the case.

Any help us appreciated.

Results from yesterday at 1:30pm
FC 2.0
CC 2.0
PH 7.2
TA 60
CH 75
CYA 35

Results from 11:30am today
FC 3.0
CC 3.0
PH 7.5
TA 60
CH 75
CYA 301B16CA88-0454-4A75-B83B-740B2381A78A.jpeg

Can you please do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test? This will let us know. Also review the testing method for CC. The rest of the numbers loo

Can you please do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test? This will let us know. Also review the testing method for CC. The rest of the numbers look good.
I will do that tonight and tomorrow morning. I redid the Chlorine Drop Test and the results came back the same. FC was 3 and CC was 0. Do you think based on those numbers I am doing something wrong with the testing?

Thanks

Your testing might be fine,

More importantly, I see what looks like dead algae on the bottom of your pool......indicating a need to SLAM

Does it cover all your pool?
Your testing might be fine,

More importantly, I see what looks like dead algae on the bottom of your pool......indicating a need to SLAM

Does it cover all your pool?
There are small patches all around the pool.

I am doing the overnight drop test to determine if I need to SLAM, but are you saying regardless of those #’s I should SLAM? I assume I’ll need to SLAM (never done it), but I was hoping my numbers would come back telling me to SLAM. I am trying to learn from this site and everything says to follow my testing #’s.

Thanks

There are small patches all around the pool.

I am doing the overnight drop test to determine if I need to SLAM, but are you saying regardless of those #’s I should SLAM? I assume I’ll need to SLAM (never done it), but I was hoping my numbers would come back telling me to SLAM. I am trying to learn from this site and everything says to follow my testing #’s.

Thanks
We’ll I did the OCLT and it was FC 3.0 last night after sundown and then 3.0 this morning. I will say, I did not have time to run the filter this morning for 30 minutes before doing my test. Also, I have not brushed my entire pool either. I was just hoping the OCLT would lead me to clearly SLAM, but that didn’t happen.

Still have what I believe is dead algae all around the bottom of the pool.

What should be my next steps? Unfortunately I’m working in the office M, T, W this week so I can start a SLAM if that’s what I need until Thursday morning.

Thank you. E3BB9FDA-B5CD-4959-94B0-04D353BC98DF.jpeg

We are smack in the middle of pollen season which will be nearly indistinguishable from algae each year. You probably passed ypur OCLT, but do another one tonight with mixing in the morning. Once it passes for real you can relax a little, knowing that a swamp isn't on the horizon.

Keep your FC slightly above target range for now as extra insurance. I started 'hot' when I was new for some safety net and it worked so well I was still doing it 9 years later. My 2nd build should be complete soon and I can tell you right now, the FC won't ever be on the low side.

Thank you.

I’ll do another real OCLT and I’ll run the filter overnight so I can text as soon as I get up.

I have a hair net in the basket and it’s always filled with pollen. Any shot the bottom could be cleaner if i had a better vacuum like the Dolphin E-10?

My vacuum doesn’t do anything to the brown spots at all. They are all still there after vacuuming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My vacuum doesn’t do anything to the brown spots at all. They are all still there after vacuuming.
What kind of vacuum ? Do they brush away ? Are they stains ?

Even with a better vac, there will be an amount of time from when crud falls to when it gets picked up.

Even with a better vac, there will be an amount of time from when crud falls to when it gets picked up.
I have an

Hello.

The spots brush away very easily with a brush. They are not stains.

I have the Aquabot POOL ROVER S2 40, US, JET, 115VAC/48VDC, BLUE.

Attachments

• 5821A890-C8D5-4D0C-B035-6463E984329F.png
    5821A890-C8D5-4D0C-B035-6463E984329F.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 1
The spots brush away very easily with a brush. They are not stains
OK great.
I have the Aquabot POOL ROVER S2 40, US, JET, 115VAC/48VDC, BLUE.
Did it used to work and now it doesn't, or did it never handle the dusty stuff ? See what kind of surgeries you can perform unclogging the impeller. Hair can get all tangled up in there hurting the suction. Even if the robot didn't get the debris, it should still stir it up. It's likely barely working at all.

OK great.

Did it used to work and now it doesn't, or did it never handle the dusty stuff ? See what kind of surgeries you can perform unclogging the impeller. Hair can get all tangled up in there hurting the suction. Even if the robot didn't get the debris, it should still stir it up. It's likely barely working at all.
Thanks. I’ll get under the hood tonight. It used to work a bit better and stir things up more.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.