Algae FREE - HUGE Thanks to ALL!!

Jul 15, 2018
Liverpool, NY
Did my OCLT test last night and verified this morning - zero chlorine lost!! YIPPEE!!!

In my excitement last evening, I did check all of my levels. CYA was a little high at 60, but we had sooo much rain, our water level was at the top of the skimmer, and our TA was a little high too. We drained water last night and I only checked the chlorine this morning. Will check others again tonight.

Can I adjust TA with FC at 20?

I'm just so thrilled this worked and that I found TFP!!! While this seemed to take forever, it was really under 12 days or less by the time I rec'd my test kit and had true numbers to go by. And I'm sure if I'd just gone to the PS.....I'd still be shocking and out a ton of $$$.

Thank you Thank you Thank you to all who supplied feedback, advice, encouragement! I will be steering all of my pool owning friends to this site for sure!!! When we get the sunshine back this weekend I will post picks of my sparkling pool!!

Enjoy the day and the weekend!!!

B

@Zea3: Thanks! I will leave TA as is and not sweat it unless PH changes! YAY!

@Divin Dave: You can rest assured I will be following TFP recommendations! (can obviously toss out the container of YellowOut left by previous owners, and more than likely the partial container of Algecide the pool techs brought when they opened the pool) I need to look everything up so I know what to do to maintain the proper way. :)

@KimKats: I'm just praying for some sun to burn off some of that Chlorine! We are still very hot and humid and that beautiful crystal water is calling!!!!! I will definitely be supporting TFP!! What you all do is fantastic and VERY much appreciated!

B

Well I can get you in that water! Look at this chart: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart With your CYA at 60 you can swim so long as your FC is less than 24!!! That means 23.5 fc LOL CANNON BALL!

I have a set of links I put together for new pool owners. Well you are a new TFP user so these should fit as well. You might have seen some of these links but I don't want to take a chance of you missing any so here ya go!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool Math

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.