Algae bubble clusters floating on top of water

Well, moving right along...did a 50% drain and refill yesterday and tests today are as follows:

FC 1.5
CC 0
TC 1.5
pH 8.2
TA 190-200
CH 375
CYA 58

Water still crystal clear...vacuumed leaves, etc.

Next step(s)?

Sherrie

Well, moving right along...did a 50% drain yesterday and tests today are as follows:

FC 1.5
CC 0
TC 1.5
pH 8.2
TA 190-200
CH 375
CYA 58

Have added nothing...water still crystal clear...vacuumed leaves, etc.

Next step(s)?

Sherrie

Sherrie- I'm sorry I've been out of town and hadn't gotten back to you in a few... letsee...

FC is still too low.
CC of zero is good!
pH of 8.2 is still too high- have you used the muriatic acid yet? You need to have PoolMath guide you on how much to use so you don't under or over dose it. Do you need help with this?
TA will come down if you'll get that MA in the water and lower the pH as necessary over time.
CH is good.
CYA is 60... so keep your FC at least 8ppm at that point. It should be enough to allow for normal daily loss without going under your bottom line FC level of 5. Are you using the bleach??

Maddie :flower:

Well, moving right along...I think I'm getting close now. Readings from this morning:

FC 8.5
CC 0.5
TC 9
pH 7.5
TA 80
CH 400
CYA 50

Water still crystal clear...maintaining vacuuming...will use poolmath chart to keep FC correct using 8.25% bleach. I used the MA repeatedly to drop the TA and aerated which seemed to help.

Advice on tweaks?

Also, planning on doing the annual cartridge filter cleanse using a 5-gallon bucket. What are the proportions of water to acid?

Also, I'm in San Antonio and am wondering how long I should be running my filter daily and if there is a prime time to be running it.

Thanks for all your help.

Sherrie

Next step(s)?

Sherrie

Just wanted to thank all who responded for all your help. The pool is now well and doing great. I just have to keep my chlorine stable but it is now a breeze to test and adjust using the poolmath calculator. It's crystal clear and I feel like I finally have a handle on it. Thanks to all for your help.

Sherrie

Just wanted to thank all who responded for all your help. The pool is now well and doing great. I just have to keep my chlorine stable but it is now a breeze to test and adjust using the poolmath calculator. It's crystal clear and I feel like I finally have a handle on it. Thanks to all for your help.

Sherrie

That's *great* to hear, Sherrie! Next year should be a snap and you'll get to enjoy the pool so much more. :goodjob:

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.