Shawnee/KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
I have been fighting algae all summer with a seemingly perpetual SLAM. After cleaning every part of the pool for the xx time. I think I may have algae behind the lenses of our 2 sr Smith treo pool lights. I will have to disconnect the from their control box to get enough slack to pull them up to the decking. I'm just not sure what to expect once I start to unscrew the screws holding the lens in place. Anyone have experience taking these things apart? I don't want to ruin the leds. I do have replacement o ring gaskets for the lenses, but would like to order a couple replacement sets. I can't find the size or where to order these.

Attachments

• 20220724_142526.jpg
    20220724_142526.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220724_081901.jpg
    20220724_081901.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Curious if you attempted to remove that lens yet. My LED lenses are different so I can't comment on that design, but we can tag someone who may know.
I did not. I realized the o-rings that I had were from my old led lights, same make and model. I had to replace the bulbs, which came with new o-rings, and control panel after a lightning strike several years ago. I have been trying to find the o-ring size for the FLED-C-TR lights. I even called SR Smith and they emailed me a link to the plastic bezel. I can't believe that their customer service didn't know what I was referring to when I asked for information or even a simple complimentary replacement for the o-ring between the LED bulb and the lens. I responded to their email with no response and called again today and left a voicemail with another person.

Maybe @Poolbreh has experience with these?
SR Smith was no help with this. They offered to sell me a new led bulb to acquire the o-ring but would not offer to send me a replacement or even tell me the size of the o-ring so I could order one myself. I can't express how disappointed I am with their level of customer service.

Reactions: Texas Splash
I unfortunately don’t have experience with the treo lights. The manual doesn’t specify part for the oring. You most likely have to measure the orings dimensions and order it that way.
I called and asked for another representative st SR Smith. She was much more helpful and at least looked to find the specs on th o-ring. While she couldn't find it, she is continuing to search and has been in contact with me regarding this.

I'm holding out hope.

Reactions: Texas Splash
New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

I received the o-rings from SR Smith. I removed and cleaned the lenses and buttoned everything back up. Time to SLAM it again.

I hate to think of what I've done to the liner this year while SLAMming the pool so long this year.

I took a few before and after pics of the lights. I'm hoping this was the culprit. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

Attachments

• 20220815_165012.jpg
    20220815_165012.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220815_171011.jpg
    20220815_171011.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220815_171254.jpg
    20220815_171254.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220815_153947.jpg
    20220815_153947.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 7

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay, no worries. Just be sure to confirm your CYA again so that you know what your SLAM FC level needs to be and go for it. Good luck!
I still can't pass an ONCLT as I am loosing 1 part every night and am seeing a dusting of algae along the seams and any depressions in the floor of the liner. I did a couple days at regular slam levels and then the rest of the week at Mustard level slam. No change each morning.

I ran out of liquid shock today and frankly can't justify spending more money on this as the swim season is basically over. I can't believe that after chasing down every speck of algae and deep cleaning the filter that I cant make any headway on an ONCLR in a crystal clear pool.

This summer was a waste of time and money on a pool that we barely got to use.

Attachments

• 20220821_135303.jpg
    20220821_135303.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220821_135249.jpg
    20220821_135249.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220821_135118.jpg
    20220821_135118.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 7
Wow sierra, sorry to hear of constant algae battle. I wish I could say it was about time to close-down our pool too. That would mean it's Dec/Jan and "winter" is here and no more 100+ days of heat...

Let's see what we can do to help you fix your problem before you close:

-how often do you intensely brush your pool, skimmer inlets, around the lights, returns/etc. Any bit of algae hanging out without breaking it;s outer membrane protective layer can keep your battle going. I would suggest reposting in the "algae forum", perform a complete set of new chem tests, then get your pH, CYA and FC ready for one final OCLT....I know it's a PITA, but you can do it...glad you were able to fix your light !!!👍

Wow sierra, sorry to hear of constant algae battle. I wish I could say it was about time to close-down our pool too. That would mean it's Dec/Jan and "winter" is here and no more 100+ days of heat...

Let's see what we can do to help you fix your problem before you close:

-how often do you intensely brush your pool, skimmer inlets, around the lights, returns/etc. Any bit of algae hanging out without breaking it;s outer membrane protective layer can keep your battle going. I would suggest reposting in the "algae forum", perform a complete set of new chem tests, then get your pH, CYA and FC ready for one final OCLT....I know it's a PITA, but you can do it...glad you were able to fix your light !!!👍
Thanks for suggestions. I do have a corresponding thread there "Long SLAM now this". I have posted my #'s there.

I will be updating that thread from here on out.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.