Algae and high Cyanuric Acid - HELP PLEASE!

CYA 50 is fine. Your SLAM FC is 20. Follow the SLAM Process step by step. Lowering the pH is one of the steps. Once your FC is over 10 you cannot check pH. So get your pH set before you add chlorine.

Reactions: mariajp
You need to add chlorin every day to keep the algae at least in check.

The higher the CYA, the more chlorine yo7 need to conduct the SLAM. If you feel 50 is OK, the SLAM away

Follow the intpstructions and keep the FC where it needs to ba all the time

Good luck!

YAY for 50 CYA!! If I recall correctly my ph wasn't "on" either and I was told to start the SLAM process. Ph won't read correctly during the process anyhow. Your major concern will be to keep your FC at the SLAM. Your FC SLAM goal is 20 with a CYA of 50.

Definitely read Pool School and the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. Your pool will need to pass the OCLT before your process is done.

Glad you found the Home Depot LC. It's the least expensive I found.

Also the more the FC remains at slam level with topping it off more often rather than doing only once a day will also speed up the slam process. Brush twice a day and watch the filter pressure. A 25% rise from clean filter pressure is the time to clean the cartridges. With a big algae bloom as this you can expect the filter to need this a few times before the slam is finished. Also pick a place in the pool (same spot) which will be your clearing up guide as to the progress.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.