Air switch maintenance - It's allive and turns itself on!!!

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Palm City/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

I guess this is my time for pool issues (recently posted a pesky problem with my pool heater). So my wife noticed the booster was boiling up my spa and asked me when I started it. I hadn't and went outside to press the switch... no joy still running. So I went out to the main controls and turned the booster pump breaker off. A few days later I took the air switch box apart (verified breaker was off of course), pulled the inner panel off and found the micro switch that is activated by the air puffer at the pool. I removed, cleaned the connections and replaced it. I cycled it and it worked and left it off. Next morning the pump was running again. So I ordered a new switch and replaced it. Seems to be working fine now so I am documenting here in case anyone else has the problem. The exact replacement was $23 online incl shipping. The entire box is about $125. This appears to be an easy way to save money on a switch that appears (at least in my case) to last about 3 years only so long as you are knowledgeable about working around 240v relays and never, never do this without killing power before it can kill you.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Could you please provide any pics?

Outside near the pool equipment you'll find a black box about 4" square like the first photo below. After powering off remove the 4 screws on the corners and you'll find a plate with 2 screws, remove them. Then pry the plate toward you from the top edge to expose the main 240v relay and the air switch. It looks like the second photo below.

I hope this helps.

Chris

AS-95 Combo Box.JPG

Air Switch.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.