Jurate1

Apr 22, 2021
Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all, I have 2 quetions. I'm sure this is an easy fix but I don't want to break anything. The air relief valve on my Pentair Clean and Clear 200 filter is pointed in the wrong directions. It points directly at the heater vs out into the open area. So everytime I release air it soaks into the heater. I tried to rotate the lid but then it does not line up with the internal valve. How do I point this in the correct position?

The second question is why would my pressure gage still read a normal PSI 12 when it was full of debris. I put off checking the filter because the pressure was good and newly installed. However we have had a lot of debris in the pool so I thought I should double check. It was full of the small yellow droppings from the Palo Verde and Mesquite tree's. I washed and put everything back togehter. No change in the filter pressure when I started back up? Thanks in advance. Gina

Attachments

• air relief valve.jpg
    air relief valve.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 9
Get a length of plastic tube to go over the vent and direct water where it is best. I think the tube is 3/4”ID x 1”OD.

A8855F91-0AE8-4179-9BCE-A2B915D9A82F.jpeg

Your filter shows how good a cartridge is in filtering even with lots of debris in it.

Does your PSI gauge go to 0 when the pump is off?

Thank you that's a great idea! Yes pressure goes to xero when off. I did install a skimmer sock today. I hope that will help.. Hopefully debris will be gone in another month..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.