Air in the system

May 8, 2017
Bellmore, NY
Hello everyone. I’ve had a successful 3 years of pool maintenance thanks to TFP. I had my patio redone last year and had new plumbing installed to replace the original plumbing so also had the equipment re piped. I finally turned everything on yesterday and air would not purge out of the system. I noticed there is a small leak from the threads on the fitting coming out of the return side of the sand filter multi port valve. Could this be where the air is also entering the system? I’m waiting for the installer to come and fix that today but was wondering if there is any other ways to diagnose whole I wait. Thank you

I just read on this site that if you take a hose - doesn't need to be turned up high - and run the water over your fittings, you might be able to find where the vacuum of air is located. You'll know this because the air bubbles will stop. I actually tried this yesterday on my plumbing and found the leak. For me, the vacuum leak is on the control knob for my top skimmer and bottom drain. If I run a little water over the lever, the air bubbles in my pump disappear. I can visibly see the bubbles disappear when I watch the water through the pump lid. Give that trick a try, and see if you can find it. Below is a link to the article. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.