Air in system

Sep 19, 2018
Odessa MO
Good morning!
Somehow I am having an issue with air in my system. Everything was fine, until after I vacuumed the pool yesterday. I have (2) skimmers that are piped separately to the pump with a valve before the pump. Yesterday, I closed the valve to one skimmer and set up my vacuum, then cleaned the entire pool with no issues. After the vacuuming was complete, I removed the vacuum hose from the skimmer and went to backwash and had air in the system (so much that the system would not prime). At first, I thought it might have been from disconnecting the vacuum so I added water and tried it again. It worked for a bit then sucked air again. I then, turned off the skimmer that I used for vacuuming and the system primed and worked fine. Now every time I crack the valve to try and operate both skimmers, i get air again.

Any ideas on what to do or how to check where the air is coming from?
Thanks for your help!

Check the weir door in that skimmer? You observe the water level in that skimmer as you open the valve to it?

Otherwise I would look for an air leak around or in the valve. What type of valve is it? Post pics of the skimmer valves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.