Air in pump strainer only when filter is on. Not when on recirculate

Apryl B

Apr 29, 2020
Middleburg, FL
We just got a new pump. When I use the backwash or recirculate position, the strainer fills and stays full. Good pressure flowing into the pool. When I switch it to filter, bubbles form in the strainer basket and it loses pressure. Pressure in the DE filter bladder goes up to 30. There is currently no DE powder in the filter. My pool is cloudy as it sat for awhile and I need to filter it but within a few minutes the water barely moves. I checked seals on the strainer basket.

A,

All makes sense... Your filter is very dirty.. When in recirculate, you are by passing the filter.

Not sure what kind of pump you have but if you restrict the flow, having bubbles under the pump lid is normal.

What color is the water?

You should NEVER run a DE filter without DE in it. It can damage the grids.

I suggest that you read through our pool school and see how we use the SLAM process to clear algae from our pools. SLAM Process

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.